NGD - MIJ Epiphone Elite 50's Les Paul Standard

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas/Sweden

Reaction score
I have posted this NGD at the Corksniffer MLP forum but people might like to see it here too. There's no Epiphone section so hope it's ok to put it here.

These guitars were made by FujiGen between 2002 - 2008. Called Elite in 2002 until early 2003 when they changed to Elitist. They were forced to change the name because of a conflict with an Ovation line of guitars already bearing the Elite moniker. So, what's this LP like then? 4,2 Kg, Grover tuners and U.S.A. Pickups. A bit hot sounding but I don't mind that. C shape neck, a little bit thinner than the Tokai LS98F, very easy to play. Open book headstock, domestic version and of course a beautiful round horn shape. The color is Honeyburst. I got it from Kurosawa Gakki and it's perfectly setup/intonated and comes with the OHSC, highly recommended seller btw. I couldn't find the specs for 2002 but I guess it's the same in 2003 except for the top hats changed to speed knobs. I've been looking very closely and it appears to be a 1 piece back. Also, it's supposed to be a bookmatched maple cap with a veneer on top.

VtXwBwl3PZJDdiqgGP4D27EmSSR_lup6Dd0adgc6_sDmP9QO_ZliCg.jpg

JRvylqHzL2c22zhEAnAMUTjKRYV7zkmN2F6UcqaZ-HoobEasGm7YEA.jpg

3JDOZm3h5COAtBkO55-wOeU8YnC-Rwi3C9Rry5ZFYhkMQ8LxStdlmg.jpg

0s8CD0hxJQwxH3SB8afIckCn9n_kjDDXgQE-Yn75Nnyr-QvLW-VqGQ.jpg

e9a_6iIVaL8-06y8t6aRtxWifVeM-Px0RmVSD3YerKOHR4SAXD7X0g.jpg

jaaxw3fhkm2ix5hp7gk4.jpg

Epiphone Elitist 1950's Standard Flametop (Japan) 2003-2005

Body:
Mahogany body
Flame Maple cap

Neck:
Set mahogany neck
Rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays
Gibson-style Open-Book headstock
2-screw truss rod cover
24.75" Scale
1.68" nut width

Binding:
Single-ply body & neck

Electronics:
USA Classic Pickups
2. Vol 2 Tone controls
3-way selector switch

Hardware:
Nickel hardware
Tune-o-matic bridge with stopbar tailpiece
Speed knobs

Includes:
Hard case

Colors
Faded Cherryburst (FC)
Honeyburst (HB)
Vintage Sunburst (VS)

Nice one Thomas, I've always loved the MIJ Epiphones, well made Fujigen guitars and the Epiphone logo usually means they get overlooked and can go for bargain prices.

Thanks, yes the Corksniffers want Orville on the headstock. With this one and other MIJ Epiphone's like the LPS-80 and LQ you really get bang for the buck so to speak.

I have a pair of Elites, an EB3 and a SG. they are better quality than the Gibson versions I had in the 70's.

I have a pair of Elites, an EB3 and a SG. they are better quality than the Gibson versions I had in the 70's, both pics are as received condition.
DSC-0320.jpg

20150319-175646.jpg

Back