New Love Rock Custom

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zbillster2 said:
And by the way ... it is IMPOSSIBLE to post feedback with less than four stars on the Reverb forum!

You can't hit send ... it prompts you to contact the seller to "work it out"! So I gave Music Express Canada "four stars for being a fraud!" and details of the deception.

Which means ... you can't trust the feedback system on Reverb. What a joke!

Good work Billzter~
Im with ya on Reverb. They keep letting the guy sell obvious fakes.
I just dont get it. I will never use them again because of this. You can see all the buyers
who purchased the fakias. We should send them all messages to check the provenance
if their guitars. When Reverb has to broker 25-30 refunds, that might encourage them to
not aide and abet the fraud.

Hey all,

Dan here from Reverb HQ. I just was alerted about this thread and wanted to chime into say that all of these offended fakes have been removed from the site.

OP - if you have not heard back from our support team confirming your refund, please feel free to PM me here so I can make sure that gets sorted out ASAP.

Thanks all.

danoverb said:
Hey all,

Dan here from Reverb HQ. I just was alerted about this thread and wanted to chime into say that all of these offended fakes have been removed from the site.

OP - if you have not heard back from our support team confirming your refund, please feel free to PM me here so I can make sure that gets sorted out ASAP.

Thanks all.

Dan, while I appreciate your follow-up and removal of the counterfeits from your site, I am still inclined to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau against your company for deceptive business practices. I see your company has had about 13 filed BBB complaints already:

https://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/musical-instruments-supplies-and-accessories/reverb-inc-in-chicago-il-88654144

The current mechanics of your seller feedback system makes it IMPOSSIBLE to leave any feedback of less than 4 stars, preventing burned customers from warning would-be buyers like myself ... I checked the feedback of the seller (Music Express Canada) before committing to purchase, and of course all I would see is 4 star ratings or higher. Had I seen anything less, I would have not risked the purchase.

That is deceptive feedback about a company. Allowing only glowing ratings to be published is not communicating accurate information about the seller's integrity and service ... and leads to misplaced buyer's trust. This is not how competing sites like eBay function.

Instead, it was through the efforts of members of this forum, like lemmy and myself, to alert potential customers ... and finally, in a roundabout way, prompt your company to removing the ad for counterfeit Tokai guitars that kept running after a double-digit number of customers already got burned ... many of them still in ignorance of the fraud, and who may unfortunately discover it to their dismay when they try to sell or trade their "guitar."

Lemmy had purchased his fake guitar from the same ad that I did mine about a month earlier ... despite his communication with Reverb about the deception, your company allowed the deception to continue ... thus leaving the ad live for me to become a fraud victim also.

It was only by seeing Lemmy's post of the ad, and recognizing it as the same ad I purchased my "guitar" from, that I was able to start the wheels in motion to get full refunds on my purchase and return shipping.

What I did NOT get reimbursed for is my lost time packing, filling out customs forms, wiring emails, gas to the post office, communications with Tokai Gakki and forum members ... all because your company allowed these deceptions to continue despite warnings from past customers.

danoverb said:
Hey all,

Thanks all.

Obviously not: ...
https://reverb.com/de/shop/guitars-west?product_type=electric-guitars&make=tokai

togps said:
danoverb said:
Hey all,

Thanks all.

Obviously not: ...
https://reverb.com/de/shop/guitars-west?product_type=electric-guitars&make=tokai

Are Guitar West's Tokais fakes too? That seller is from California. Seemed like a stand-up guy. Excellent customer service.

I bought one in 2014 ... actually had two, because one had a ding in shipping that was returned, and they were both good players, low buzz-free action and sounded great. Crappy tuners though. And crooked dots on the fingerboard binding.

Nick in the States reviewed one ... exact same model/color I have:
https://youtu.be/9ynMGxdQ6Xg

All I can say is, I don't trust buying Tokai guitars off the net anymore. Too many fakes floating around. So I got a 90s Orville instead from a trusted seller.

At this point, I don't know if I actually OWN a real Tokai or not!

:-?

I didn't follow the first thread about this guitar and wasn't concentrating when I replied on Page 1 of this discussion.

I assumed this was a legit LC50, I didn't realize it was purchased from a North American dealer and now confirmed as a Fakai.

My comment on Page 1 is based on a real Tokai LC50.

Latest posts

Back