Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftermarket Pickups for Jazz Sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdv
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Aftermarket Pickups for Jazz Sound Reply with quote

Hi
I just recently purchased a lovely mid 80s Jazz Sound. It plays beautifully. The pickups are good but I have a hunch that a different set might enhance the bass further.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience putting different pickup sets in a Jazz Sound? Were they much of a step up from the originals?

Many thanks
margusalviste
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Aftermarket Pickups for Jazz Sound Reply with quote

pdv wrote:
Hi
I just recently purchased a lovely mid 80s Jazz Sound. It plays beautifully. The pickups are good but I have a hunch that a different set might enhance the bass further.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience putting different pickup sets in a Jazz Sound? Were they much of a step up from the originals?

Many thanks

Hey, I have a 83-84 Jazz Sound and I love the sound of it's original pickups. They record super well and they remind me a lot of my former original 60s Fender Jazz Bass sound. The only pickups I would consider to try on my Tokai are Lollars. Or maybe the Lindy Fralins.
pdv
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million! Great info. There is a set of Lindy Fralins for sale locally for 100. Would you reckon they are worth it? Would they be much of an upgrade?

Thanks!
margusalviste
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdv wrote:
Thanks a million! Great info. There is a set of Lindy Fralins for sale locally for 100. Would you reckon they are worth it? Would they be much of an upgrade?

Thanks!

Fralins are great pickups, no question here. They probably change the sound a bit but both - the original and Fralins are great! Fralins sound pretty Fenderish.
pdv
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I'll listen to some samples and see. As you said the stock pickups are great as they are. Might be no need for a change.

Thanks for your help!
margusalviste
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pdv wrote:
Excellent. I'll listen to some samples and see. As you said the stock pickups are great as they are. Might be no need for a change.

Thanks for your help!

Enjoy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Basses All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: