Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emiel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups) Reply with quote

Anyone familiar with Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups)? People still using them?

I am interested in the GreenFaze set (Peter Green set).
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups) Reply with quote

Emiel wrote:
Anyone familiar with Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups)? People still using them?

I am interested in the GreenFaze set (Peter Green set).

I have a set of the Green Faze from Declan at Deacci - fantastic.
Emiel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing, Marcus!

Have you got experience with other sets or other pickup brands, and how the Deacci compares?
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emiel wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Marcus!

Have you got experience with other sets or other pickup brands, and how the Deacci compares?

The only other ones I'm familiar with are the Manalishi PG pickups offered by Larry Corsa of Corsa Guitars - he builds Peter Green Les Pauls (he's also the US distributors of Faber Tone Lock components. Here's his website:

https://www.corsaguitars.com/

I couldn't be more happy with the Deacci pickups. I also ordered a set that they make that are clones (arguably) with the Greco Dry Z pickups. You should explore the Deacci site and also chat with Declan there. Real good guy and I think he may even be a forum member.
Mole Man
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:29 am    Post subject: Re: Deacci pickups (formerly RD pickups) Reply with quote

Hi Emiel, I have a set of RD Pickups (as they then were) P2's and am very happy with them. I am also an acknowledged PAF pickup tart (have owned and had experience of: Dimarzio PAF's, Seymour Duncan 59's, Fralins, Lollars, Manlius but my absolute favourite brand are Deacci ((formerly RD Pickups)) ).

Lots of info in this old thread: http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14270&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=wizard&start=45

Last edited by Mole Man on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Emiel
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, that sounds promising!

My LS-80 currently has a set of Shed PAF Daddy pickups but I want a bit lower output and that out of phase tone for my inner Peter Green!
Mole Man
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emiel wrote:
Cheers, that sounds promising!

My LS-80 currently has a set of Shed PAF Daddy pickups but I want a bit lower output and that out of phase tone for my inner Peter Green!

Yes I have a Shed Mutz Nutz (terrible name, fabulous pickup) P90 in my TJ-65 Junior replica. If you like Shed Pickups then you will be aware that Spencer offers his Supernaturals which are aimed at recreating the Peter Green out of phase mid position tone. This tone has become a popular niche in the pickup market with contender sets from: Bare Knuckle, Lollar, ThroBak (really expensive!) plus I believe that Seymour Duncan Custom Shop also offers a set (no doubt at a similarly elevated price to Throbak). Certainly the Deacci set would surely sound as good as any plus come in at a far more reasonable price. If it was my money then I would be ordering the Deacci FeanFaze set (a variation of the GreenFaze but with a touch more output as that is how I like my humbuckers)!
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also own a Deacci LP-2 (Dry Z) now in a LS-320 and a Shed PAF Daddy 's gold covers ina LC-100 now. DIfferent sounding pickups with Deaccis with a chimier sounding (very fat polepieces A2-A5) and fatter stronger but clear sound (A4) by the Sheds. Deaccis are cheaper and more accesibles, they are a good choice (thanks Declan!).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: