Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crews Maniac Sound KTR NEXT 5D
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both look great. How does it sound, and does it have the K&T pickups? I'd be keeping it if it does.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wulfman wrote:
They both look great. How does it sound, and does it have the K&T pickups? I'd be keeping it if it does.

Per my fourth post in the thread, the guitar was being sold with the NFS pickups removed & a lower grade Crews pickup in place.
The pickups it came with don't impress my ears that much but no biggie there.
The price I paid was 2 1/2 times less than MSRP so, I was glad to make the deal sans the original pickups.
The guitar arrived just as advertised but not as pictured. The guitar looks like it just came off the factory floor = brand new, not a scratch.
I have plenty of old Greco matched pickup sets from 1980 to very early 1982 that could be installed; Double Trick, PU-2, Dry Z.
The build quality of the guitar is pretty much impeccable. Whatever factory this came from they nailed it BIG time.
If Gibson ever had this guitar in their hands they would crap their pants

The only thing that could make this better is if I could some how get the guitar that was actually pictured in the MLK Digimart listing.
It has the top that I wanted/thought I was buying. It is my favorite top of all the examples I have seen in the NEXT 5D series.
I have yet to hear if the one pictured in the MLK Digimart listing is still available.
Needless to say, after this transaction, I won't likely purchase from Music Land Key ever again.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just found out the seller does NOT have the pictured item from their listing available
This is some pretty fvcked up sh!t IMO.
Never in my 45 years of purchasing have I come across such an unprofessional organization as Music Land Key.
If anyone is considering purchasing from MLK I would highly recommend you purchase from the local 7-11, or the local water treatment plant instead
brokentoes
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ole bait and switch !!!!

Dirty pool i'd say.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep this example, learn from the experience, move forward, and rock on
BrianGT
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to read this. At least the guitar you have is a good one and you want to keep it.

I don't know why companies would do that. They only get away with it once and they have lost a potential future customer in yourself and not only that, in the age of the Internet they have accrued a bad reputation.
That's a crazy way to expect to stay in business!

Enjoy the guitar and just put it behind you.
guitar hiro
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guitar I received is pretty nice & I have been playing it every day; not gonna kick her to the curb

I copied & pasted the Kanji text from the KTR NEXT 5D web page & put it through a translator.
Below the link is what it came up with, slightly corrected; some of that is just goofy ... LOL
http://www.musicland.co.jp/content/ktr/next-5d/

The 50th anniversary model of the music land KEY founded in 20 fully limited edition, incorporating Crews' original arrangement based on original burst made in 1958.

In keeping with domestic production "Made in Japan", we realized "It is impossible to give up anything in the price range" real "real instruments without giving up", we propose "good instrument" we think KTR (Key to the Rock) series. KEY 50th anniversary model by collaboration of Mr. Crews Yoshioka of making instruments and Mr. K & T Takano heavyweight of vintage guitar world.

In making this model, Crews Kikuo Yoshioka's original burst made in 1958 is reexamined in detail, and Crews original arrangement is incorporated. The neck has mahogany warm air dried for more than 30 years, high quality 1 piece mahogany wood for body and back, and hard maple where the flame is swayed by the flame on the body top. All of these woods are hand select at the site for this project.

In addition to the memorial model, "KEY'STONE" (the "AUTHENTIC" project launched to explore the real tone breathing in the history of electric guitar/bass and to return it to today's players Parts of Vintage replica type (inch standards) are mounted and brushed up the sound, mainly by our company's original components/parts created by the company. You will be able to experience the obvious difference of the sound each part brings.

"The big difference" with the handmade guitar of the same price range comes from the time and cheap time spent by skilled craftsmen with skilled skills, and know-how cultivated from years of experience. Japanese saw makers who are proud of the world and are proud of the world's materials that were chosen without compromise in everything were sawn and assembled. Of course, as well as pickup, K & T pickup of fully hand-rolled made by the same manufacturing method and construction method at that time.

Limited production of only 20 pieces. It is the completion of a special model celebrating "Ever" and "Future" of Musicland KEY.

Neck : Selected African Mahogany (30 years air drying)
Fingerboard : Selected Rosewood
Body Top : Selected Flame Hard Maple
Body Back : 1P Selected Mahogany
Pickups : K&T NFS WEEP (Front:ZB / Rear:WW)
Nut : Non Remove Fat, Non Bleached Bone Nut
Scale : 625mm, 22F
Machine Head : KEY'STONE GSS-STD/NICKEL 3/3
Tuner Bushings : KEY'STONE '50s Vintage Replica Tuner Bushings/Nickel 6
Bridge : ABR-1 style Bridge non-wired
Tailpiece : Vintage Clone Aluminum Tailpiece
Controls : 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3 pos. Switch
Finish : Special Lacquer
Case : Crews Original Hard case
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: