Yamaha SAS1500 and SG1000

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianGT

Reaction score
My two current Yamaha's.

SG1000 from 1983. Beat up but still functions well!

SAS1500. Lusted after one for years. Sounds and plays great but has a slim C neck that is the only shape I can't get on with!!

Came without pickguard which is £164...yep...so I mocked up one from my SG to try for a solution.

I love Yamaha guitars, always well made if a little overengineered!

Really nice guitars Brian. SA are really good, I had a SA-2000 natural finish but the neck was a bit slim for my taste so it belongs to a very good friend now. But SA have two kind of necks: 59s and slim 60s....

luis said:
Really nice guitars Brian. SA are really good, I had a SA-2000 natural finish but the neck was a bit slim for my taste so it belongs to a very good friend now. But SA have two kind of necks: 59s and slim 60s....

Thanks Luis.

I guess I've always gone for the underdog in life! I know you can't call Japanese guitars underdogs because they are so well made but they still don't have the cache of the big names....unless you know!

SA's are fabulous guitars, perhaps a little overengineered at times, but they are consistently good. Had a few but always with the slimmer neck too.

Cheers.

brokentoes said:
Your guitars are drool worthy in my books.

Thanks mate!

I'm an older guy so they have been acquired over many years so they didn't just appear overnight! I bought my first Tokai strat 32 years ago and I still have it. Far from original now as I wore 2 necks out gigging.

Regards,

Brian

Latest posts

Back