Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you guys think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ibicus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: What do you guys think Reply with quote

Looks not that bad to me : http://www.ebay.de/itm/1982-Greco-Super-Real-EG60-120-LP-DRY-Z-DRY82-Free-Ship-/172562327350?hash=item282d842736:g:ieoAAOSwImRYcCby

Pics show everything and description sounds honest.And one Dry Z on top.I do know nothing about the post EGF models.Are they as good as the EGFs are ? What about the difference between EGF 1200 and EG 60-120 ? Guess the 60 stands for slimmer 60s neck ?
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was no EG60-120, it should be an EG58-120 which has the narrower fretwire. I had one of these. It had a slimmer neck but was still a great guitar.
To me that price is too high considering it has some changed parts and some finish damage.
ibicus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Harold.So the EGs are not so highly rated as the EGFs are I guess.
wulfman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the EGF's are more highly collectible and an EGF-1200 would be preferable to a EG58-120, but from my experience the 1982s are more consistently made from lower to higher models and are closer to a real Gibson LP in terms of construction.
ibicus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's just a matter of time.1200 are becoming rarer in the last few years.Not long and the 58-120 prices will go up as well.Crazy crazy...the normal price for Love rock LS-50 and 60 in german ebay start at around 1400 euros.Of course no one is stupid enough to pay it but sellers are trying and trying.Used Gibsons are cheaper today than premium MIJ from the 80s...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: