Ibanez V-2 pickups made by Maxon

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loudmouse

Reaction score
Just got a set of these out of an Ibanez hollowbody and was wondering if anybody had some info.

V2 stamped in brass baseplate, Maxon type ink code of 200925 and also a larger letter "S" in ink. Very rare Dry S haha.

Look like double row hex pole pieces but are actually round holes with a notch for flathead screwdriver. Weirdness.

They are Dimarzio Super Distortion double cream copies but these ones are 3 wire and a shield like the old Dual Sound.

Red, white and black wires plus shield.

They ohm out around 16 black wire and shield with red and white connected, but is that the standard wiring for regular humbucking operation?

Anybody know the correct standard wiring on these?
Thanks

Loudmouse said:
Just got a set of these out of an Ibanez hollowbody and was wondering if anybody had some info.

V2 stamped in brass baseplate, Maxon type ink code of 200925 and also a larger letter "S" in ink. Very rare Dry S haha.

Look like double row hex pole pieces but are actually round holes with a notch for flathead screwdriver. Weirdness.

They are Dimarzio Super Distortion double cream copies but these ones are 3 wire and a shield like the old Dual Sound.

Red, white and black wires plus shield.

They ohm out around 16 black wire and shield with red and white connected, but is that the standard wiring for regular humbucking operation?

Anybody know the correct standard wiring on these?
Thanks

Ibanez Collectors forum will be helpful. I had them (2 conductor style) in a 1980 AR100 Artist and they were powerhouses. Strong mids. If you are planning on doing a full rewire I'd recommend making sure you get some potentiometers metered at 500k or more. Super pots is what some call them. Regular pots even if the casing lists 500k, doesn't mean they are actually that since some I've bought measure lower than 450k.

Latest posts

Back