Can anyone give info on the UES 60 / UES 68? Neck profile?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pongotux

Reaction score
I'm sorely tempted to buy a Chinese Tokai UES 60 or UES 68. The UES 68s can be had for a very good price right now for what look to be really beautiful Gibson 335 clones.

However, I'd have to purchase by mail order sight unseen, and I can't really find any reviews online that covers what I think is the most important thing in a guitar: the neck profile. Specifically, is it a thick, 50s profile, or a shallower 60s type affair?

Any other info or reviews from users on here would be much appreciated!

Hiya,

I tried a few UES60's late last year and I would say from memory they had a fairly slim C shaped neck.
I eventually bought a higher end model and it does feel to have a fatter neck than I remember on the UES60's but I could be wrong!

It's very rare to find any Tokai that has issues in build, no warped necks or uneven fret jobs, and if it helps at all, Tokai and Yamaha are the only two brands I would buy mail order and feel safe in getting a very playable instrument.
Good luck!

HI, I can't help with neck profile as my mic 335 is the only non fender i own.As regards mail order, i have posted on here where i received one with a few faults...if i'm allowed to say where i bought my replacement from which is perfect in every way, it's 'the little guitar shop' in birminghams jewellery quarter.
set up to perfection-no rush-knowledgeable etc....he usually has about 6 in stock plus a few japanese ones
hth-yann

Back