Hello Everyone!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianGT

Reaction score
Hi everyone I thought it about time I joined this Forum after being a Tokai user for years!
It seems a very friendly and knowledgeable place to hang out.

Over the years I've learned that a great guitar is a great guitar regardless of what is on the headstock. I have owned lots of high end guitars over the years but the best Strat and 335 I've ever owned have had Tokai on the headstock....guess I just like the underdogs!

Here's a pic of 3 of them together. The LP is a LS320 , the 335 is an ES120 and the Strat is from around 1982 ish.

[ ]

I sold the LS320 to fund a replica Les Paul and unfortunately the 335 was damaged beyond repair ( too painful to discuss!) . The ES120 was by far and away the best 335 I have ever owned or played. It was light and alive and sounded so good!
The Strat I bought on Live Aid Day morning and it was second hand. It had the block logo and I gigged it so hard it needed a new neck. I changed it for a Fender neck (oops!) and when that needed refretting I got my mate to make me another neck and return it to a Tokai.
He refinished the guitar in nitro. It has Shed pickups in it. I wouldn't sell this guitar for any amount of money...it's just done so many gigs and is part of my life.

briansguitars036.jpg
[/URL]

I have a couple of other Tokai purchases in the imminent future and look forward to sharing and getting to know you guys!

All the best,

Brian[/img]

BrianGT said:
Hi everyone I thought it about time I joined this Forum after being a Tokai user for years!
It seems a very friendly and knowledgeable place to hang out.

Over the years I've learned that a great guitar is a great guitar regardless of what is on the headstock. I have owned lots of high end guitars over the years but the best Strat and 335 I've ever owned have had Tokai on the headstock....guess I just like the underdogs!Brian

Hi, and welcome to the forum, I think you'll fit right in here. :wink:

BrianGT said:
Here's a pic of 3 of them together. The LP is a LS320 , the 335 is an ES120 and the Strat is from around 1982 ish.

[ ]

I sold the LS320 to fund a replica Les Paul and unfortunately the 335 was damaged beyond repair ( too painful to discuss!) . The ES120 was by far and away the best 335 I have ever owned or played. It was light and alive and sounded so good!
The Strat I bought on Live Aid Day morning and it was second hand. It had the block logo and I gigged it so hard it needed a new neck. I changed it for a Fender neck (oops!) and when that needed refretting I got my mate to make me another neck and return it to a Tokai.
He refinished the guitar in nitro. It has Shed pickups in it. I wouldn't sell this guitar for any amount of money...it's just done so many gigs and is part of my life.

briansguitars036.jpg
[/URL]

I have a couple of other Tokai purchases in the imminent future and look forward to sharing and getting to know you guys!

All the best,

Brian

Very nice guitars, and I like the story about the ST. 8)

Hi Felixcatus...thank you for the welcome!

We have more in common than you think..........!

Nice Supra!!!

I've been racing since 1996. Up until this year it's been a '72 911, moving to a spec 944 starting this season.

Welcome to the forum!!!

ned said:
Nice Supra!!!

I've been racing since 1996. Up until this year it's been a '72 911, moving to a spec 944 starting this season.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Hi Ned...thanks for the welcome!

The car is actually a Celica but it does have a Supra gearbox fitted as I kept blowing up the standard box! :D

I just do Sprints in the car because body panels are nonexistent so racing/rallying is out in case of damage.

Good luck with your racing ....I bet it's a great Adrenalin rush!!

I also have a very long love affair with Tokai guitars and that perhaps springs from my love of Japanese cars when I was younger!

Cheers, Brian

Latest posts

Back