77 SPARKLE SOUNDS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dombat

Reaction score
I've pulled the trigger today on this girl

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172456261461

It seems to be a se-600 and to have a one piece body by looking at the back of the body photo

Accounting for the half erased Greco waterslide (how may anybody needs to erase the Greco logo and leave the "sparkle sound" text?) and the humbucker fitted bridge pickup (and body routed for it), troubles I can easily fix , at $202 plus shipping it seems a steal for me, no?

This "sparkle sounds" model lacks information! The "super sounds" one seems much more documented on the web. What are the differences between these two models?

Hey nice deal there. I have an au natural '78 SE500 Supersounds that is a great axe. I didn't know they made them with a humbucker at the bridge. Anyway you can't go wrong at that price me thinks !! Congrats !!

The humbucker at bridge is not stock, it's a change by a previous owner

Still a great deal. Hopefully they didn't mess up the routing too badly when they fitted the humbucker. Hope you post a review and more pics when you get it.

Cheers

I've got two Greco Sparkle Sounds. July and Aug 1977. Ones a sunburst in near mint condition, the other in natural in good condition. These have nitro finish and sought after Excel pickups. The downside is the pickups are a different size to what you can buy to replace them. But why bother, they're great pickups. Looks like you got a bargain and the humbucker would sound great. And a case as well.Yours looks to be two piece. Mine are three piece. Cheers.

Back