Cat's Eyes CE800T - which Martin?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chessmonkey

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what Martin model my vintage Cat's Eyes CE800T is replicating?

Thank you

felixcatus:
I'm not sure. I believe it was built in the 1970s. Also, it's just the body. It's not a complete guitar. It was never finished by Tokai. It's pretty amazing actually! It has amazing tap tone.

I'd attach a photo but I don't see how to do that.

The reason I want to ID the Martin model it replicates is so I can hunt down a Martin/Sigma neck to put on it.

Since starting this thread I learned more about the dimensions of Martin's O, OO, and OOO models. This CE800T is the exact dimensions in the lower bout and scale length of a Martin OO.

Thanks!

Sorry this took me so long. Here's a link to a gallery of photos of my uncompleted Tokai CE800T.

https://michael-mcbride.smugmug.com/Tokai-Cats-Eyes-CE800T/n-sVBk77

I'd like to complete it but I have no idea how to go about that.

And I'm curious which model of Martin guitar Tokai was duplicating.

All comments welcomed!

Thanks!
Michael

felixcatus said:
Chessmonkey said:
And I'm curious which model of Martin guitar Tokai was duplicating.

All comments welcomed!

Thanks!
Michael

Did you check the Cat's eyes 'specs chart' I posted before?

Thanks, Felixcatus! I didn't realize there was a link. It confirms my CE800T is a replica of a Martin OOO-28. I recently learned that Martin and Tokai were collaborating on creating these copies. It's an amazing build! I'm hoping I can get a OOO-28 neck to complete it.

Or, I just might sell the body as is to someone who wants to finish the build themselves.

Michael

Latest posts

Back