NGD, '80 FV-600

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Ford

Reaction score
JUST scored this AMAZING V..
1980 Greco FV-600. FujiGen made, 0 69XX SN#.

I parked the crusty nickel hardware, and replaced everything with nice shiny new Gotoh chrome parts..looks a zillion times better, and basically made it like new again. It has a '91 500T/496R combo, which really suit the V, if you want to rip it up! The rings are stock, and I dig them. The pickup holes in the pickguard are routed in the same shape as a guitar body would be , and the rings mount over that. The body is IDENTICAL to a late 70's V, with the higher neck set, and pretty sure this one isn't a pancake body, as there is NO visible seam like I have seen on many others..LOVE the volute, as I'm a 70's Gibson guy.

Plays like a dream, and can hold it's own with any of my other guitars, this one wants to RAWK!!
The Greco logo has faded, anyone know where to find a replacement?

The pots work great and have a great taper, every number on the knob (I threw some Gibson witchhats and pointers on) is a different setting.
Has a Bumblebee cap as well (stock??)
What's the general opinion on the pots? Marked 500K, and work fine...I have a set of 500K CTS ready to rock if I should need them.
Anyways, first post and looking forward to learning all about these!

Hey I have the same guitar in white with same type serial number. Mine doesn't have the volute on the neck. Any idea why?

k5LkDFo.jpg

w8CzQgK.jpg

Back