Fernandes Telecaster

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluesax

Reaction score
Hello All,
Trying to id a Fernandes Telecaster that I just picked up. It is sunburst and double-bound. The headstock reads FERNANDES in gold letters with black trim and beneath ELECTRIC SOUND RESEARCH GROUP. Neck plate reads FERNANDES and MADE IN JAPAN. Serial number on the label (back of headstock) is 09484 and there's no letter. The hard-to-read stamp in the neck pocket is either a 6 or 9 and there's a letter T. The neck itself has only one stamp, a 1 or 7. 250K pots and the 3-way switch has a label with VLX54 and 2820 on it. My research (lol) is telling me it's a TE-2, early to mid-90's. But I'm not sure. I have lots of pictures and will add a few to this post if I can figure out how. Thought I would turn to you knowledgeable folks first. Thanks for any info. PLAY EVERY DAY![/img]

hi i have a fernandes two tone burst (no red in the bursrt just brown to yellow) double bound binding /back and front of body scratch plate is a oyster coloured pearl finish ,
here is a link to some back catolouges hope it helps track doen yours
http://brochures.yokochou.com/en_index.html#FERNANDES

Japaxes,
Thank you for the brochures. My Tele is a three-color sunburst (black/red/yellow) and I was sure it was a TE-2. But looking at the 85/86 brochures, I'm thinking now it may be a RTE-70. But there's a difference in the 'nose' of the headstock. Wish I could attach pictures. Thanks again for the info

Latest posts

Back