Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guitar cables
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Mac
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been through a few cables over the last 35 years and I keep on staying with only 3 brands of cable and 2 brands of plug. I keep replacing them because other musos steal them.

CABLE : Shielded jacket, single core - not for speaker boxes.
Canare 005 : Japan - optic+copper core - not too expensive, either VHQ
Klotz : Another high quality cable, German I think
Belden : USA - the Industry standard for over 40 years

PLUGS: 1/4" (6.5mm) Jack
Switchcraft : USA
Neutrik : Japan

Both these plugs are excellent. I've used Switchcraft only for touring, but lately (12 years) I've opted for the Nuetrilk. Black jacket and very sturdy.

Keep in mind that your cable/plug is just as important to the signal chain as your pickups. Why spend $400.00 on pickups only to lose the signal strength with a crappy chinese $10.00 cable.

Signal does deteriorate over the length of cable so the better the cable, the better the signal. I have 3 Canare/Neutrik set-ups : 12 foot (orange); 24 foot (blue) and 30 foot (white) and the signal strength is the same regardless of length. Canare jackets come in different colours other than black also.
Have fun
Peter
rtblues
Plucker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:09 am    Post subject: Cables Reply with quote

Spectraflex "Fatso-Flex" are the ones I've settled on after others, even very expensive ones, failed. Love this cable! Noticeable tone improvement, and
very well made.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: