Bacchus CLASSIC series?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Bacchus Classic Series BLP '54 (it's a custom order with a thicker neck than the current BLP).

321_1325345762.jpg

321_1325345807.jpg

321_1325345839.jpg

321_1325345870.jpg

Wow, I have been waiting for a 54 to come out in that series. If it was a custom order, did you order it yourself? I may have to see about getting a goldie 54 if that is possible. Yours is amazing, nice choice!

In this order, there were 3 BLP '54, one black, one goldtop and mine.
I order it by the european importer.

Here is the '54 of another owner.
77_1325157070.jpg

I have two Bacchus duke before this one (and many older Bacchus) and the quality is as good as a Duke.

Thanks for the information, that is interesting. I expected Bacchus to put some 54's out here since they are putting out the SG specials and LPs with mini-humbuckers but nothing yet.

I sent an email off to SOAR to see if they could order one for me so I will see how it works out.

I have a couple of Classic LPs here which are among the best guitars I have ever had. I'd love to get the 54 though in gold, that would be nice.

Your guitars are very very beautiful (the first one is... I can't find any word in my poor english to describe it) ! :eek:

I like the mini-HB model too (in black !). And now I know the quality of this classic series, probably want to get the mini-HB model. :D

I think Deviser could make another run of '54 because some '54 would be ordered by frenchies in the next european importer order.

Juge, stop posting the pics of your new '54 LP on all the guitar forums, I'm getting mad and jealous !

Hi Guys,

The other day I saw and tried a beautiful Bacchus BLP Classic....violin burst I recall.
That was the BEST Les Paul I have played in my entire life.
Question: The inlays seems like acrylic which is fine for me, but I wonder if the Bacchus logo on the headstock was acrylic as well?

Thanx!

Knight Templar said:
Question: The inlays seems like acrylic which is fine for me, but I wonder if the Bacchus logo on the headstock was acrylic as well?

Thanx!

Hmmm.. dunno. Mine looks like it could be MOP - lots of blues, reds, etc in it. But these days with synthetics, it's hard to tell. Doesn't affect the tone though ( :wink: )

marcusnieman said:
Knight Templar said:

Thanx!

Hmmm.. dunno. Mine looks like it could be MOP - lots of blues, reds, etc in it. But these days with synthetics, it's hard to tell. Doesn't affect the tone though ( :wink: )

Yep, tone is the deal. I was just curious about the material used for the logo.

Never played a Bacchus guitar but if price were the same, would you buy a Bacchus Classic Series BSG SG MIJ for 850 USD or a Gibson SG Standard or even Gibson SG 61 reissue?

Is the Bacchus like an Eiphone MIJ in comparison to the Gibsons?

On the SG side I think Gibsons can be pretty good value if you can test them out first. IMO The Bacchus are a step above Epiphone since they have a lacquer top coat, better electronics and extremely clean woodwork. More importantly (for me) the Bacchus SGs have fat necks.

Mitch Malloy said:
Yeah that's my Greco. And you can buy music from my company direct. I'm independent now. Enough of the major labels. My company sells my music through paypal the email address is [email protected] and for over seas they charge $20 for a cd and for the USA $15 a cd. I have a best of cd available that has the music you see in the DVD on you tube on it. It rocks.. Anyway.. I got the Greco for $350. It's a great guitar. But I ever heard of Bucchus till 3 years ago and it's taken me this long to even find them. I mean find the company directly. I finally got directly to them and found out they are fans. So that worked out. I have a Classic sunburst on the way now. There is a Jeff beck older Live Road in a store in Tokyo that I found but they ONLY do walk in business. They wouldn't even send it to me after Bucchus asked them to. Not easy getting these guitars. A little easier now though. I think I tried to get to Tokai years ago but couldn't find an email address that went directly to the company. But to me the Bucchus looks better anyway. I'll give you my report when it arrives.

Dead thread :eek: Sorry

I just got my hands on a Bacchus Vintage Series Live Road Model BLS-54/JB (Jeff Beck).

Looks to be all original except for the aluminum GOTOH stop tail.

Great guitars 8)

Latest posts

Back