Japan or Korean- Need a help with identify Greco Les Paul BB

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolsen

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I m not sure about this Greco guitar. I tried to check out provenance of it by myself comapring to many models but still I m not sure...

Could anyone give an opinion about it? Is it Tokai made or Cortex maybe- this is a question interesting me the most :wink:

(Informations I ve obteined from actuall owner: Guitar is made in late 80; probably in Tokai factory; pickups changed for Gibson PAF 57; new nut, potentiometers and bars; ebony fretboard. No serial number.

Thanks in advance for any replays

and photos

Korean Cort made Greco, the tokai made ones have a thinner 'Greco' logo, Mint collection truss rod covers, less ageing on the headstock/binding,tulip style tuning pegs and didn't use the pretend ebony fret boards.

The best way to tell if you're unsure is to look in the neck pickup cavity, usually the Tokai's have EGC 75 in there and the pickup routes for Tokai are distinctive with the square routes for the pup legs, the cort made ones are poorly routed and covered in the thick black conductive paint.

I'll see if I can dig out a couple of photos to show you better.

Here's a Tokai made Greco headstock

IMG_2790.jpg

212d-3.jpg

Cort made Greco cavity
GrecoCort_zpsbe7a6844.jpg

Latest posts

Back