• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1981 Tokai LS50 Love Rock Goldtop - UK/EU

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limehouse Blues

Reaction score
For sale is my 1981 Tokai LS50 Love Rock Goldtop - £800 - Including EU shipping and new hard case

Pickups are the acclaimed OX4s (probably my favourite PAF style pickup) - aged double black bobbins and aged nickel covers. New pots and Russian paper in oil capacitors fitted and professionally set up with D'Addario 11s by Herbst Guitars in East London. Lovely top carve and plenty of mojo. 3 piece mahogany back and maple top. Neck is a nice profile. Certainly not as chunky as a Gibson R7 and closer in feel to an R9. Weight of the guitar is 4.1kg - so just a hair over 9 lbs.

Pickup rings, bridge and tailpiece are period correct Tokai replacement ones obtained from Gottfried at Tokaiguitar.de in Germany.

A few nicks and dings to the finish commensurate with the guitar's age. Apart from the wear to the finish in the photos the only other thing to note is that two of the pickup ring screws are set in plugs (invisible beneath the ring) as two of the old screw heads sheered and were carefully drilled out by the luthier when the pickups were swapped. The stamped serial number is very faded but more easily visible in the negative image.

22057416694_5172543c55_b.jpg
[/img]

I've acquired a new Thomann hard case for this guitar. Price now includes case and shipping within the EU and still open to offers.

Latest posts

Back