I want to buy this guitar by I am worried it might be a fake

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esbenmad

Reaction score
Hi

I am looking to buy this Burny FTV-50M this guy has for sale. It looks great but the headstock makes me worry, it might be a fake. Or a modified Burny from China or Korea. The logo is painted on (but really convincing), and I am think they may have used inlays back then, but I am not sure. Will you check it out for me?

http://www.dba.dk/elguitar-andet-maerke-burny/id-1019813659/?IsPrivate=True&PostId=7d1b425c-7134-460c-9da2-32b0b2237479

Thank you! :)

All the best, Esben Madsen

Hi
THis guitar seems to be a clone of a LP Junior double cut, with an added neck pickup, pots and switch
All the junior models, originals and clones have the logo made of a decal, not inlay

Thank you for your answer! :)

I read somewhere that the old Burny Gibson copies had only two screws on the truss rod cover. This one has three. Should I worry about that?

Thanks again :)

All the best, Esben

Most if not all the seventies gib. clones have this particular shape 3 screws TRC (not the very late years ones anyhow)

Looks like one on the early seventies Burny FTVs to me, the logo was just silk screened and they're a copy of the specials. Never seen a fake one yet as I'd imagine they'd cost more to fake than they probably sell for tbh.

From the look of the tuners that's one of the bolt on neck FTV50's, the FTV90 had the grover style tuners and a set neck. The other FTV45 (bolt on) and FTV80 (set neck) were the single pup DC Junior copies.

Awesome guys! That makes me feel a lot more safe. If it sounds great, I will buy it :)

Latest posts

Back