Got my first Tokai LP from Japan yesterday..........

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandG

Reaction score
This Tokai I just got & my 1st is a 57 gold top from what I was told is a earlly 80's proto, bieng it was employee built & has no seriel # or a Les paul decal. Also it looks to have factory DiMarzio's also, the attention to detail is extreme. The binding is very vintage looking as everything else, pickup rings, & the pickups them selves. The fret markers are a vintage greenish hue with the tuner also in green , there even seems to be a green hue in the gold, it is NOT a bright gold at all, fit & finish & playability is the best I have seen or played. The tone is what gets me, it is very, very good. I thought it intresting that it doesn't have seriels #'s or the Les Paul logo. Tak told me is was employee built at the Tokai factory for private collection. have any of you seen a similar one.? & also how do I post a picture of it..?

Thanks
J & G

Hmm, greenish hardware and color... might also be a new Korean version which also seem to use this stuff. And that story with the Tokai employee building a "proto" Love Rock without logo for his own pleasure seems to come up quite often lately, too. So you might have an old version, but maybe you've bought a fake.

For embedding pictures you have to upload them to some web server and use the

The head stock is original open book, MIK is not, also every screw & piece of hardware shows the proper age, also the DiMarzio's are real. The bridge &saddle are like the earlly 80's Tokai's & not like the Koreans,the toggle is in the correct spot & not in the incorredt spot as are the MIK's I have seen, In 28years of playing it looks legit to me, It would be way not practical to fake this out. the head stock alone would be very hard to do. mmmmmmmm has any body seen a legit MIJ earlly 80's without the Love rock logo & also missing the seriel #...? I am very curiose..
Thanks,
J & G

I have a Les Paul Reborn Retrospec, which is a relic model

Mine has no serial number, but is very convincingly aged

Use the serch function at the top for my thread. Type in the work Retrospec . I was trying to find out the date of construction of my guitar

It was eventually confirmed as a 2001 model

You could have a relic model gold top ??? :-?

Back