Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should I get this Burny LP Custom?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zellbelmont1
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Should I get this Burny LP Custom? Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm new here

I've been looking at this particular Burny LPC and I thought you guys would be able to help me decide whether to get it

It has the lightning bolt headstock, fret edge binding. Looks like the hardware has been swapped to silver colored after the fact

It looks like a good buy. Definitely MIJ, decent condition, and only a good Burny would have fret edge binding right?

[img]http://imgur.com/8SD27hE[/img]
cashcow
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LPjunior
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bang for buck it's hard to beat the Burnys, I've had 3 now and each one has been a solid well made and good playing guitar. Dunno if I've just lucked out, or if it's down to the smaller vintage style frets but they've easily had the lowest playable buzz free action of any MIJ's I've bought so far.

Looks like they've switched some of the hardware to a silver nashville etc and maybe switched the pups or removed the pup covers. Personally I don't see that as a bad thing since I've never been a big fan of the later burny pups and plastics, bridges etc are easily replaced with gotoh stuff if the ones on it aren't up to much.

If you're OK with the 60's style neck, small frets , switched parts and missing scratchplate and the price is OK go for it. Despite the price they are decent MIJ's and easily match the Grecos, Orvilles etc for a lower price.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: