help me out to check this Orville LPC

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackass

Reaction score
Hi there,

there's an Orville LPC up for sale, I might want to go check it out, but it's a 2 hour drive, so I want to make sure what it is exactly and I'd like to know about the value of it...

Seller says it's a '89, but I can't seem to figure out how to check it through guitarsjapan.com... :)
It seems in quite good shape from what I can see of the pictures...

No fret edge binding
looks an ebony board?

EDIT: would this have the regular mahogany/maple body? Mahogany neck?

what type would it be? What about the value?

K serial Orville not worth driving 2 hours for IMO, but like most things it all depends in the price. They're considered the lowest models in the Orville range, Allen key truss rod , scarf neck joint etc they were the budget models against the better spec'd Orville by Gibson's at the time.

The seller won't go below 900. He says he's got an offer of 900 EUR already.
So: I'll pass

Thanks for the help!

Wow, an offer of 900 euros for a K Orville, I'm surprised he hasn't snapped the buyers hand off to accept that offer asap. Those aren't worth anywhere near that.

You can pick up Orville By Gibson's all day long on Yahoo Japan at those prices , keep an eye out for the JApanese Epiphones too as they're all Fujigen made and same quality as the Fuji Orvilles but usually a lot cheaper.

The 80/90's Burny RLC's are cheaper too and better quality than the K Orvilles I've seen.

Here's a couple of the last auctions on YJ for K Orvilles , obviously you'd have to factor in fees/shipping/tax but it isn't gonna take you anywhere near 900 euros

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m142022575#enlargeimg

sold for ~ 225 euros

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/196142598#enlargeimg

sold for ~ 300 euros

Back