Tokai St60 1980 ID

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumi71

Reaction score
hi guys,
i took a chance and ordered this nice tokai springy.
http://www.kurosawagakki.com/items/detail/310799.html

was announced as a 1980 st60 and the price i paid is reasonable for a st60.

of course i am hoping i will be lucky and it turns out to be a st100.

dont know. as far as i know only the st100 had the gold hardware. nut looks not like plastic to me.. on the other hand the color looks more like ow not like blond...
was the st100 availible in ow also?
does the neck profile look u-shaped or v?

only have this pics and no other information.. so it will be a bit of surprise when i get it.
what do you think?

hmm. dont think there is stamp in the fretboard. dont have any more information at the moment...
as far as i know fretboard stamps ended in 1980. so this could be made after that.

Looks in really nice condition. It is the aged OW I think based on my tst40 on the tokai guitars most recent threat post

didn't pete mac recently say an st60 rosewood will have a 'U' shaped neck?
the maple neck st60 has a 'V' neck.
the st80 and above rosewoods have the 'V' neck.

hi
looks like a early 64 model ... has the 8 skrew scratchplate .. and a plug on the head ,,, later 64 models dont have a plug and 11 skrew scratchplate
this could have been change so i am not sure about that
all the best
otto

Hi guys,

At best, the body is an ST-60 as in 1980 the OW finish was not put on ST-80 or ST-100 models.
Neck profile for ST-60 were 'U' for maple and 'C' for rosewood. ST-60 maple did not get a 'V' neck till 1983.
When it arrives, please check the body and neck codes and the pickups and scratchplate. I can see from the pickup covers that this guitar has been tampered with, but not to what extent.
The scratchplate should have an 'A' stamp on it, the pups should be 'E' and the body stamp should be in the front pickup cavity. As the rosewood neck has a skunkstripe, it indicates an early 1980 build - prior to 0009900. Personally, I think it's a 1979 neck. It should have a '60' stamped onto the fingerboard.
All these features add up to its authenticity so anything you can tell us when you get it would be great.

Peter Mac

OMG
I found this guitar on 02 Jan 15 and i want to buy. I email to seller but no one answer.Next two day,it was shown "Sold". I am a little disappointed. I think it is st100. When you receive it can you disassembly and take photo? It make me clear.
How you order this guitar?

Back