Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOKAI hummingbird custom fw-150 1973

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mojo hobo
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: TOKAI hummingbird custom fw-150 1973 Reply with quote

Second guitar i recieved today ,I am running out of rooms and space for all these new guitars
A very early tokai made "HUMMINGBIRD CUSTOM" fw/fe-150 model,complete with original hard case...from 1973.
This acoustic is so light ,i think the strings weigh more than the guitar ,but what a sound ,MAN! it is a damn loud acoustic ,louder than my YAMAHA FG-350W from 1979,sounds completely different to the yamaha,fuller,woodier ,dark and light GREAT STUFF

1500 YEN NEW in 1973 going by the catalogue ,I think the strings are the the original ones as well ,I need to change them when i get time??It is pretty good condition ,no buckle rashes or marks,The fret wire is a bit manky and will need a little TLC..But i would say VGC..

MOJO HOBO
dansan
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: TOKAI hummingbird custom fw-150 1973 Reply with quote

hello, my name is Mickael, I'm new here and need help to identify what Hummingbird model does Brian May own here :

http://www.queenzone.com/pictures/brian-may/12031/brian-with-hummingbird-guitar.aspx

what could be the price of it on the secondhand market ?

Thanks,
Mickael
dansan
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody can help ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: