Classic Japan Car

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Gramps had two of those in the old country (Dominican Republic for me), he had a yellow one and a white one. Those things ran for 30 years before he passed and they were sold, they are probably still running. (Sorry no pics).

That is a beautiful TA22 Celica!

Very original and very, very clean. They are becoming very scarce on the roads now.....41 left in the UK.

an old friend of mine in the US has an old Celica he has owned for over 40 years (he is not the original owner)

the car has over 500K miles on it and he is still driving that puppy 8)

Peter Mac said:
Wow, I did not know that. It never gets that bad here in Australia Crédit travaux - It's winter here now and the days are 21C [69F] and nights are 9C [48F]
At it's coldest, in Sydney it hits 11C [52F] day and 6C [43F] night and it's sunny 75% of the season.
Come over sometime, check it out.
Not very nice to live there it seems. But hey, it's Switzerland.

I haven't trawled through all four pages of this thread, but saw the heading and was compelled to share...
Cars were my first love, even above guitars, but as I've become middle aged my eyes have gotten so bad that I'm not allowed to drive anymore.
Anyway, thought you might like to see 'the love of my life'...

As you can (hopefully) see, she's a 1988 Toyota Celica GT4 (ST165), which I owned, drove, restored and loved between 2002 and 2015.... she even carried my gigging gear to rehearsals once!.

As regards the 'sticker' mentioned in the link in the OP, my old bedroom door at my parents' still has a Tokai sticker stuck to it that I put there in 1985.

Back