Found this for sale.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sminggali

Reaction score
1985 Tokai TST-62 S-Style (1962 Reissue)

$500.00

Aantones Music
(510) 795-9170

contact dealer
our inventory

Year: 1985 1962 Reissue
Manufacturer: Tokai
Model: TST-62 S-Style
Case: GigBag
Color: Red
Condition: Excellent
Description: very nice older model Strat? Style all stock. 7.8lbs

I own a black TST '62 just like this one. If this one is legit, it seems like a good buy!

it has got TST'62 written on the headstock.
it's got 'E' pups, shouldn't they be 'V's?
wrong shape headstock, i also thought that meant it was an AST. :-?
weird, the '62' referring to the particular era guitar it's copying, as opposed
to the price in yen.

Hi guys,

This is a TST-62 so it would be an '82 - '84 and not an '85.
The '85 would be an AST-62 and with CAR or V pups.
At US$500, it is a fair price, considering that apart from the headstock it is an ST-60 Springy build.
I have a US 1982, 83, 84 and 85 catalogs with the specs listed. I believe it officially went to AST in 1985.
The model designation is for the replicated Year (1962), not the Yen price as previously mentioned. There was also a 1956 version (TST-56) with a V maple neck. Both models cost the same. US$500.00 in 1982
Interestingly, the Sunburst and Natural finishes had Tortoise scratchplates. Initially both bodies were Ash the first 2 years with the TST-56 changing to Alder in 1985. Don't figure as 1962 Strats never used Ash bodies.

Peter Mac

Thanks guys,

IMHO, at $500.00, this is a good buy, especially considering it has the Springys 'E' pickups.
If one of you decides to pull the trigger, all the specs and markings would most likely be identical to the Springy and I would love to have that info to compare to the Euro and Asian Market models.

regards
Peter

photos of pickups etc from this link Peter . http://www.gbase.com/gear/tokai-tst-62-s-style-red#

Back