Post your Tokai bass pics, please!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many beautiful and cool basses in this thread.

ATM I'm so satisfied with my Yamaha BB2000 '84 (lovely neck, great sound, great build quality all over etc.), but I'd love to have a Hardpuncher like this; Sunburst, black plastic ? la 70's style, and I definitely wouldn't mind some slight tears and wears on it either.

These are total rock'n' roll-machines IMO:

wulfman said:
Tokai Hard Puncher 45:

Hello everyone I am new to the forum and I need your help to show me how to upload pictures from my Tokai fretless with series number on neckplate L15105, do not understand the instructions shown in Img tab, thanks. :roll:

:D hi all, here are the link were you can see my bass tokai (I think), this bass come me by change, and no decal was bringing tokai, anyone know where you can buy a decal of the time? brings the neckplate serial number L15105.
The pickups are originals?
in the control cavity are a numeral serial "12AvSOX" , what does in mean?
in the heel of the neck have serial number "7=12A".
if anyone has information that can provide me be grateful.
this is the link.
www.flickr.com/photos/124476299@N08/sets/72157644210116560/

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/tokai/1984/en_08.html Hi Marsel ,I think your bass is a 1984 TJB 70 J Jaco Pastorius model judging by the serial number and the slab as opposed to veneer rosewood fingerboard.Very nice find! Gabe.

:D I think you are right, in the heel of the neck where it should be labeled oval you can see "70", thanks for the information, as you identified the serial number? do you have to tjb70-j?

Here is my Hard Puncher, PB40 I believe

Bought it from a friend in the early 90's. I have put in new bridge, active pick-ups, knobs, and electronics over the years but still kept all the original stuff. the serial number is 109109 but a previous owner engraved another number on the back plate for reasons unknown to me. Looks like it has a tobacco sunburst finish. Dunno the date of manufacture. She is really wonderful to play, my favorite bass.

I just got my first Tokai bass. A 1981 Jazz Sound. The seller is calling it a JB-45R. Not sure if that's right or not? I am not a bass player, I'm a guitarist, but somehow I have 3 basses now. LOL.

Here are some pics. Would love to have feedback. It's shipping from Japan so I haven't laid hands on it yet.

Thanks!

Hey sigmania! I have a tjb70 jacco and does not have the label on the back of the neck , but if you look closely with a flashlight from multiple angles may be able to discover if there was saying 70 , try it , cheers! :D

Thanks! Will have a look once it gets here. Will keep you posted.

i bought her a month ago, the previous owner didn't have much time for her..yep she's still in pain, batttle scars, paint chips, etc. i'm still saving money for her repairs :(

She's pretty slim

Hi marsel, I just got the bass yesterday. When I switch out the strings I can photograph the pickups for you.

Think I found heaven. :)

1981 ST80 and 1981 Jazz Sound (unsure of model so far).

Back