2014 World Cup in Brazil

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looktoyourorb

Reaction score
Is your team going there? Who will you support? Who do you think is going to win?

For my part I have been sent off from the main lounge, the girls have voted to keep the TV but I will go in the spare room. I have a small flat screen and a Yamaha THR5 on the way...I am borrowing a small fridge for the beers. Nearly set to go!

COME ON ENGLAND!

The Belgium team probably is not going to be the new World Champions. I think Uruguay has a strong team, they might make it to the final.
I?m already more than happy that we succeeded in qualifying, after more than a decade of missing out on all the major tournaments.

PS but you never know, were sort of outsiders.

:evil:

As a side note: I?m a fairly open minded person, a loyal supporter of our national team, all for fair play and respect for the opponent.
You can talk, discus or argue about anything football related with me.
But please, please, please...........I beg you, don?t mention Hazard.

You must be joking! Fellaini, Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, Vermaelen...all world class players. We got a bunch of kids, a misfiring Rooney and an aging Gerrard. The Ox was a breath of fresh air but now he is injured.

looktoyourorb said:
You must be joking! Fellaini, Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, Vermaelen...all world class players. .

No I?m serious, I?ll try to explain my point of view.
I admit, we have some class players. Our midfield is very strong (we can actually line up 2 equally strong midfields), defense is solid, offensive is our problem. As long as our opponent gives us space and allows us to play, it?s ok. But when we encounter a team that pulls up a defensive wall, we have problems creating scoring possibilities. With all due respect to Lukaku but he?s not on the same level as let?s say, Messi, Ronaldo or Su?rez.

And then there?s the factor Hazard (I begged not to mention him :D ), I?m not a fan off Mourinho his game concept or tactics, but Jos? put his finger on the problem after losing the semi final against Atletico.
In our national team Hazard has been demonstrating his lack of team effort for years now. Hell he even costs us the qualification for the Euro 2012, displaying the same lack of effort as a team player and neglecting his defensive tasks against his direct opponent. Resulting in counter goals and loss off points against Turkey, Austria and Azerbaijan. Sorry for the rant.

To me, our best player is Dembele closely followed by Defour. But our midfield is so strong, they don?t always get the chance to play. I can understand that the tactical concept or our opponent sometimes doesn?t allow them to play.

My informer is from Namur (my dad's cousin), and he is pretty confident you will do ok. I suppose the charm of a tournament is to throw a few surprises!

As long as it?s not Spain who wins the World Cup it?s fine by me.
My friend ( for more than 35 years now) and also our lead guitarist, is a Spaniard. And I?m tired of hearing him say(for years now), that they have the best team in the world. :D :D :D

IIRC it only happened 3 times in the history of the world cup , that a team from outside the continent (where the tournament is organized) won the world cup.

I guess will not win again this time but the team will do a good job. Brazil wiil be the one to match......

PS.I am getting tired of football as far as there are so many things more important to arrange here sadly. Pane and circensis for the people, the old trick (smoke screen to hide the issues)........Better to play music for me.

US with 3 points!!!!

Really shocked when I saw the England lineup. Only 3 players that I recognized but have to say that it took way to long too not put Girard and Lampard on the pitch at the same time. Neither one can really play outside their normal position.

felixcatus said:
looktoyourorb said:
You must be joking! Fellaini, Hazard, Lukaku, Mirallas, Vermaelen...all world class players. .

No I?m serious, I?ll try to explain my point of view.
I admit, we have some class players. Our midfield is very strong (we can actually line up 2 equally strong midfields), defense is solid, offensive is our problem. As long as our opponent gives us space and allows us to play, it?s ok. But when we encounter a team that pulls up a defensive wall, we have problems creating scoring possibilities. With all due respect to Lukaku but he?s not on the same level as let?s say, Messi, Ronaldo or Su?rez.

The first match against Algeria really demonstrated our weak points . Belgium team struggled, didn?t find any solutions to create scoring possibilities.
But eventually we were able to grasp 3 points, thanks to our substitutes.

Back