Who here is a Greco collector?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very odd,they must have an Ibanez serial number starting by letter+77

Guys I must admit I'm gettin mostly focused on greco now! This brand is really incredible in term of replicas! I mean, their strats are amazing, their Les Paul are fantastic, their firebirds are the best and I've never seen that much perfection in a Gretsch replica.

luis said:
Greco was Kanda Shokai own's brand,that became Fender Japan then as far as Fender replicas concern.Gibson replicas could be Orville(there were a lot of similitudes between 335 style Grecos and Orvilles)but I feel Orville is Epiphone Japan.In fact when Orville were out Epiphone Japan were in,then Epiphone Japan became Epiphone Elite.
Right, Kanda produced some canda accoustic guitars and the greco were the electric stuff.
Greco were first made in Matsumoku (like Aria) but then moved to fujigen gakki. It might be possible that, at some time, the guitars were made in both plants simultaneously. Orville and Burny were made in various plants. Some in fujigen gakki.

I recently got an 85 black and 86 white Greco LP Custom on E-bay from Japan. They were each under $400 after shipping charges to Seattle, and arrived within 3 days from auction close. They aren't as nice as my 80 Tokai LS-80, but each cost less than half the price of the Tokai. They are both very nice Les Pauls. I see them regularly on E-bay going for around the same price. Buy them now before people catch on to what nice guitars these are and drive up the price.

hogguitar said:
I recently got an 85 black and 86 white Greco LP Custom on E-bay from Japan. They were each under $400 after shipping charges to Seattle, and arrived within 3 days from auction close. They aren't as nice as my 80 Tokai LS-80, but each cost less than half the price of the Tokai. They are both very nice Les Pauls. I see them regularly on E-bay going for around the same price. Buy them now before people catch on to what nice guitars these are and drive up the price.
Greco has some really cool high end models that can compete with any Tokai. It's mostly a mater of model range. In fact, both brands reach the top at the same period ( end 70's to start of 80's). Greco has its nerds in japan while tokai is mostly adorated outside japan.

I came across a greco LP sunburst that seems to have the hollow chambers and don't know anything about the guitar. It's a 3 pickup configuration with no inlays on the headstock (just the greco label) and trapezoids on the neck. I can't remember the serial but it starts with a G787...something something. I was hoping you guys can tell me enough about it to push me into convincing my friend to sell. :D

I just bought a 1980 Super Real EG1000 Les Paul ... it will arrive the next days ... I've heard it should be a relly KILLER axe ... let's see

There's a EG900 from 1978 on ebay right now (not mine, just saw it).

Back