Black Beauty 3PU Love Rock on Ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarney

Reaction score
I'm the winning bidder on a 3 pickup Love Rock Black Beauty on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=855200766

it's Korean,
the headstock is the "Diamond" style like a LP custom. the seller told me it was all stock and no mods. He said it was a one of a kind prototype that never made it into production.
i bought it because i LIKE it, but i'm wondering if anyone has seen one like this before?

i haven't!

now if i could find one of those Paisley Love Rocks! MMMM!
Thanks,
Dan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dcarney on 2002-04-05 13:00 ]</font>

Take a look on e bay right now and you will find a picture of an identical Black Beauty hanging on the wall at MIkes Music, the picture is under a 2002 flame top that Mike is selling. Congrats! thats a good looking piece!

On 2002-04-05 14:25, tokaiguy wrote:
Take a look on e bay right now and you will find a picture of an identical Black Beauty hanging on the wall at MIkes Music, the picture is under a 2002 flame top that Mike is selling. Congrats! thats a good looking piece!

Heh! you are exactly right! the guy i bought it from is from canada, and has been selling other tokais, perhaps that's where he got it?
i got a Tokai LE goldtop w/P90s from someone who was obviously connected with Mike's Music (Tarron65), they never even gave me good feedback after paying w/in 20 mins of winning, and i left good feedback for them.
well, i'll let you know how it plays!
THanks!
Dan

I bought my Tokai '52 Tele on ebay also from
Vintage-Deluxe.Guess what, it came in a box with the return address-Mike's Music !
Probably one of his salesmen.Great to deal with though.He was late giving feedback but he did give me positive feedback when he got around to it. It was the 2nd Tokai I've gotten from Mike and both deals were well executed and I would recommend him any time,
and still check out his auctions daily.

On 2002-04-05 15:06, LondonBarry wrote:
That's gorgeous. IMHO the 3-pup black and gold Les Paul Custom is an all-time design classic that many people overlook. Didn't know Tokai did one.

Barry

Hi Barry,
Actually, Tokai did a 3 p'up Custom in the early 80's designated LC-110. Had a full mahogany body, neck and top and ebony fingerboard. They were stopped around '85 or so and are very rare. The headstocks were the 4 diamond type, not the "super 400" of the eBay Custom

regards
Peter

Latest posts

Back