TO-KAI or not TO-KAI that is the question !!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkilius

Reaction score
Spotted this on the bay>>>>>http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261386121824?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

No Name...............

"les paul model" on headstock ......??

serial dates it to '85 (tokai serials)??

Fantastic bookmatched top......look closely .

All opinions welcome

Sorry about the title........a moment of lunacy.... :p :p :p :p :p

That silk screen lettering is pretty easy to remove, so it's not much of a stretch to believe that a previous owner put a new silk screen on when they did whatever they did to the original logo.

Must have changed the truss rod cover as well.

Seems like a stupid thing to do now, but it was a different time, no actually it's always been stupid! :lol:

However, today I think it's an interesting aspect of the history of Tokais. Still, I'd try and change it back to stock if it was mine.

As we all know 85 was a funny year for Tokai, but the pcb in this looks exactly like the one I took out of my 85 Ls. I am guessing that some people think there is enough visually, to confirm it's worth a punt. Looks like it might have FEB and the pickups are the same as mine. It's not got the export model dimple and the headstock has had some serious messing about but I've messed with mine (only changed the TRB) but maybe 20 years ago someone wanted it to look like it was made by a particular american manufacturer.

I'd have it just for the case!

WOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sold for ?932........UN*******BELIEVABLE.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Did I and others miss something here or is this just bananas!!!!???????

Looks like someone just HAD to have that guitar. Bidding war ?? I can't see why that guitar would sell for $1500.

JVsearch said:

Quite a few 1985 UK Tokai's (all non-export, open book) have the bell TRC since new. Mine did.

JVsearch said:
Barks67 said:
JVsearch said:

Quite a few 1985 UK Tokai's (all non-export, open book) have the bell TRC since new. Mine did.
Cool.
Done by local importer/distributor/retailer?

Not sure, but they are all the same stepped laminate ones as used on the Les Paul Reborn models, so most likely put on at the factory.

Latest posts

Back