J 200 in Europe?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vindaloo

Reaction score
Hello there guys, Tokai lover here, ex-owner of a lovely Tokai Les Paul Special replica!

I want a J 200 so badly (new or mint) but it's next to impossible to locate one, especially in Europe! Could anybody point to the right direction maybe?

Any info will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Vindaloo

Thanks, really appreciate that. :wink:

I've been keeping an eye out for them for several years now but they're so hard to come by. I don't hold much hope but anyway, the show must go on. :D

They pop up in the local classifieds around where i live (Canada) once in awhile. I was able to buy a lightly used one for $250 with gigbag not that long ago, they are few and far between unfortunately and some people want IMO way too much. Keep your eyes open, one will turn up, i waited prolly 4-5 years to find mine tho. Good Luck.

brokentoes said:
They pop up in the local classifieds around where i live (Canada) once in awhile. I was able to buy a lightly used one for $250 with gigbag not that long ago, they are few and far between unfortunately and some people want IMO way too much. Keep your eyes open, one will turn up, i waited prolly 4-5 years to find mine tho. Good Luck.

I will, I will. Thanks.
(Although living in Greece does not make things easy)

felixcatus said:
How about a J299?

Are the newer, more "pale" ones that go by this name? I'm interested, but even these seem near extinction.

Sorry for not replying earlier, its been a busy weekend. :)

I?m not sure, but I think that the J200 were MIK and the J299 are MIC.
Also, if the J models have the same ?logic? as the Love Rocks numbering system it could mean they?re the same except that the price went up over the years( I?m only guessing here). When I look at the specs in the links below, there?s not much difference.

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-j200-review.html

http://www.tokai-guitars.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=106&category_id=11&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=31

http://www.devel.hispasonic.com/anuncios/acustica-jumbo-j-200-lr-baggs-grover-guitarron-precio-crisis/79400

Vindaloo said:
Are the newer, more "pale" ones that go by this name? I'm interested, but even these seem near extinction.
Yes, judging from the pics the J299N looks ?paler? than the old J200N.

Those "pale" J299s, besides sporting the unusual combination of solid back and sides with laminated top (?!), would be a lot more expensive if they were MIJ I think. At the price range of the few examples by Orville I've stumbled upon in the net or close.

Patience Vindaloo, patience. Don't give up hope. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for very nice post. I have a high regard for the valuable information you offer in your Posts. I really believe you will do much better in the future..

Thanks for that, but I'm stubbornly going for a natural one w/o electronics of any kind... 8)

I also sent a mail @ Gamlin's Music Centre. It seems that they had some of them available recently. Fingers crossed.

Back