Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I just bought an old Hummingbird Acoustic...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colind.cochrane
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:19 am    Post subject: I just bought an old Hummingbird Acoustic... Reply with quote

Greetings. I just came home with a really old, beat up Tokai Hummingbird acoustic guitar. I live in Miyazaki, Japan. The headstock simply says "Hummingbird" and the face plate that should be there is missing. The label inside the sound hole is succinct. It says "Folk Guitar" in the top left corner. Underneath that, in the centre, is a replica of the Hummingbird thing on the head. It is sort of rainbow shaped. Under that is "W-250" and on the bottom left is a serial number, I suspect. It says "21124" I *think*. Either of the ones could easily be sevens, or perhaps nines. The top of the numbers are faded with age. On the right hand side in small print it says Tokai Gakki Co.LTD. I have some pics but I am not sure exactly how to post them. Can anyone help a brother out with some information about this guitar? It has been through the wars, but with new strings, it really sounds wonderful. I have a 1948 Gibson 12 string acoustic, and this thing doesn't have to be shy when you a-b them. Thanks in advance. Colin.
felixcatus
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: I just bought an old Hummingbird Acoustic... Reply with quote

colind.cochrane wrote:

I have some pics but I am not sure exactly how to post them.
Colin.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20359
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Acoustics All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: