• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Burny RLG 80's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylyo

Reaction score
Beauty for sale.

Mahogany body & neck, long tenon, fret edge binding, VH1 pu's and plain maple top (no veneer here!), rosewood fretboard.

Plays like a butter, sounds heavenly (VH1 are amazing and I really love them - one of my fav pu's on LP's in general), in fantastic condition. Just one minor scratch on the top of the maple cap, made from a screw of the pick guard.

Comes with the hard-shell case.

950?

a5OCvyIl.jpg

YRpMV2Bl.jpg

CPqiInbl.jpg

Ac5ez4il.jpg

bt0cJLIl.jpg

zAa4kPal.jpg

QJd7n2ql.jpg

uusH2Dyl.jpg

7ys43Mdl.jpg

J0u20esl.jpg

kljZA3pl.jpg

g0j6d7Bl.jpg

Hi Pylyo, nice guitar!
It is a Dyna Burny from 1987 to 1990, so a RLG-50 if from 1987-1989 and a RLG-60 (same specs) if a 1990 model. These do not have a long tenon but intermediate tenon and VH3 pickups (except for a few 1990 models).
If you want, you can determine date by looking at the pot codes and what type of pickup by looking at the baee plate (brass colour = VH3, metal colour = VH1).
Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the info, jacco! Really didn't have a clue and I pasted info from the previous owner.

Thanks again.

Thanks.

The neck is somewhere between '59 and '60. It has a nice meaty feel and fits perfectly in my hands. I have an ObG Standard that has somehow similar feel and it is set up with the lower action that this Burny and I tell you, this is probably the best neck feel on any LP I've experienced so far. Really so butter comfy and effortless to play. (I'll be putting it for sale too, as I need to raise some funds for other stuff).

According to my kitchen scale, it has 4,2 kg.

jacco said:
If you want, you can determine date by looking at the pot codes and what type of pickup by looking at the baee plate (brass colour = VH3, metal colour = VH1).
Good luck with the sale!

Would be interested if you can determine this.

As said, it's a RLG50 or 60. One picture of the back of the pickup will determine the pickup type, one pic of the pot code will determine year and model. So ask for pictures if interested.

Hey, I'm on holidays right now, coming back at the end of July.

Will take pics then...

cheers

Pylyo is a nice, cool and serious seller.
I still own your ObG LPS Reissue 57, my go-to guitar.
This one looks amazing. I have some MIJ LPs for trade, if you want PM me.

Thanks for the kind words, Izzy! That ObG still hunts me, although ObG seliling in my other thread is quite there and plays fantasticly.

I'm afraid I can't afford trades at this point, so sadly selling these two.

But I'm a huge plane top addict so if anything, made in J and with plain maple top shows in the not so distant future, give me a hint...

also price drop 900?

Can you post these pictures here so that experts can comment.
Can you post a picture of the pickups also.
Thanx

Back