FAKE GOLDSTAR ON EBAY

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMO

Reaction score
FOUND THIS AND HAVE REPORTED IT WHAT DO YOU THINK
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOKAI-GOLDSTAR-SOUND-STRAT-3-tone-burst-excellent-62-replica-early-80s-/251225812150?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a7e39acb6 :x

Not an expert on goldies, but it looks real to me, at least the body has tokai codes, or am wrong ??pups look to be the ceramic lower model ones but i'm not sure, what screams fake to you about this guitar ???

pickups and electrics just dont look like any tokai's i have seen in the early 80s as listing states never seen a switch like that either as for the body all the tokai bodies ive seen have circular routings where the pickup screws sit the numbers look fake also wrong type of text machineheads have no string slots and stems are shaped under the button all the early tuners never looked like this also noticed tuner ferules are a older chrome in colour closer inspection on upper fret board looks like the fret board has been veneered badly cracks in veneer? this all is not earl 1980s

also individual bridge saddles have no markings (Tokai) (tokai Final)should be something there at least

Good eye TOMO. I'll stick with set neck guitars unless i see all kinds of great pictures for proof it is what it should be, bolt on style guitars are just too easy to be something they are not otherwise.

Back