Fret King guitars...Any love for this one ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goddardo

Reaction score
Have the opportunity to snag one of these for ?250. Mint with Gig bag.
Would appreciate any comments or opinions.

preview.jpg
[/img]

i have the strat one with the p90 in the bridge- i like it a lot. though obviously a completely different style of guitar so it might not tell you too much about their more gibson-alike models.

i'd say it's on par (or almost on par) with the cheaper japanese guitars (though the electronics probably aren't just as nice). one of the few korean-made guitars where i'd say that, most (that i've tried, anyway) were a noticeable step down from MIJ quality.

though i did notice recently that the neck on mine isn't on 100% straight (i'm guessing that means either the neck or neck pocket wasn't cut 100% properly), which is worth pointing out.

Ah yes.
I did have one of those & they're the best production TV Jnr replica out there.
With a wiring upgrade, they're hard to beat. I had an original 59 TV so I can compare. Saying that, the fret king is about ?200 cheaper than I could get an Edwards for.

I just bought this SG Classic & wanted the Fretking as a backup guitar to take to certain rowdy gigs, but I just snagged a Vintage Lemondrop, stand & leather strap for ?145 :eek:

P1010785.jpg
[/img]

So it is !!! Very nice as well.

Yeah. Chuffed as heck with the SG.
It's a cut above the other SG Classics I've seen in terms of wood, quality, colour etc. Almost Custom Shop material if you ask me. :D

goddardo said:
Have the opportunity to snag one of these for ?250. Mint with Gig bag.
Would appreciate any comments or opinions.

preview.jpg
[/img]

Friend of mine is an endorsee for these. He previously played and endored Eggles. Earlier in the year he toured the UK with a model exactly the same as the one in your photo.

To have replaced his Eggle it is either a spectacular guitar, or JHS are paying him an absolute fortune.

Cheers

goddardo said:
So it is !!! Very nice as well.

Yeah. Chuffed as heck with the SG.
It's a cut above the other SG Classics I've seen in terms of wood, quality, colour etc. Almost Custom Shop material if you ask me. :D

+1..... I have one too and it kills. Love the neck on it

somebodyelseuk said:
To have replaced his Eggle it is either a spectacular guitar, or JHS are paying him an absolute fortune.

Cheers

yeah eggles are really nice (certainly the older ones)

Latest posts

Back