Including german ebay auctions for Tokai guitars?

Place to provide feedback for site improvements.

Moderator: ned

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

Including german ebay auctions for Tokai guitars?

Post by hans-j?rgen » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:30 am

Hi Ned, I wondered if it's possible to include ebay.de in your overview of Tokai auctions on the main site, because to me it seems there have been several good offerings during the last weeks which went unnoticed for a large part of potential buyers in the UK and U.S.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen
BLUEZZ BASTARDZZ "That lil' ol' ZZ Top cover band from Hamburg"
INDIGO ROCKS "Down home rockin' blues. Tasty as strudel"

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:24 am

Ssssshhhh! Less bidders means lower prices for those of us who know! :wink:

20 century boy
Guitar God

Post by 20 century boy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:06 am

QuattroSte wrote:Ssssshhhh! Less bidders means lower prices for those of us who know! :wink:
Lower prices ? I saw a beatten up Orville firebird that went away for far more than it's value a efw weeks ago on ebay.de :lol:
nankurunai sa!

ned
Guitar God

Post by ned » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:19 am

I can show Italy, Belgium and Netherlands but not Germany. Ebay Germany doesn't have the code kit that is used to filter the auctions. I'll keep monitoring the site so that when the kit is available I can add those listings.

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:29 am

20 Century Boy

There is currently what looks like a LS50 up there with a starting bid(asking) of 799Eur!! Thats a bit steep IMO.

Hutton Steel
Guitar God

Post by Hutton Steel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:25 am

Sorry to be thick but what does IMO stand for?

Hey Ned, come to think of it how about publishing a list of all those abbreviations so beloved of the contributors to these pages. The abbreviations may save time in typing but they annoy those of us who don't know what they mean.

Hutton

QuattroSte
Guitar God

Post by QuattroSte » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:23 am

IMO in my opinion
IMHO in my honest opinion
AFAIK as far as I know

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

Post by hans-j?rgen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:38 am

ned wrote:I can show Italy, Belgium and Netherlands but not Germany. Ebay Germany doesn't have the code kit that is used to filter the auctions. I'll keep monitoring the site so that when the kit is available I can add those listings.
OK, I understand. Is it the same problem with the Japanese Ebay site, too, besides the unreadable characters of course?
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen

20 century boy
Guitar God

Post by 20 century boy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:02 am

QuattroSte wrote:20 Century Boy

There is currently what looks like a LS50 up there with a starting bid(asking) of 799Eur!! Thats a bit steep IMO.
You're right!. Most of the time ebay.de is a very nice place to make good deals! There 's a lot of very nice stuff for affordable prices. My favorite ebay by far. The worst ebay being ebay.uk IMO ( ridiculously high prices) followed closely by ebay.fr ( (high prices, no good deals and lots of uncertain stuff)
BUt there might be a MIJ craze at the time... :-?
Last edited by 20 century boy on Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nankurunai sa!

ian
Guitar God

Post by ian » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:31 pm

Hutton - I know exactly what you mean about annoying abbreviations. I agree, but if you post a lot of stuff you soon find a need for things like IMHO & AFAIK, otherwise you?d end up in countless rows about ?facts?/opinions/corrections etc. I often use YMMV, meaning you may have a different opinion (Your Mileage May Vary), and also of course ?LoL? when I want to show the post is light hearted (almost invariably the case) :-? .

Ian.

hans-j?rgen
Guitar God

Post by hans-j?rgen » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:58 pm

A possible explanation might be that Germany was the biggest market in Europe for Tokai in the early to mid '80s (which was also the reason Gibson chose to sue them here back then), so there still is a quite high number of these guitars in Germany compared to other European countries.
ZZee ya, Hans-Jürgen