seth lover pick ups

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get them used.
Seth Lovers are good pickups, I do like them the best among production pickups. I put them is a high end Lover Rock and sounded very good and LS-320s came stock with them.

Has anyone tried to compare Seth Lovers with Antiquity in Tokai LS? if yes - what the essential difference?

Phantom said:
I was wondering the same thing, because I havent tried Antiquities.

Very strange situation - 6 months after my post about that here I put seth lovers to my LS160VF. It was in Jun 05, 2012, a few hours before you post something about that after 6 months silence in this topic :) . It's very strange and unreal :)
Now about a result. As my friend (very old musician) told me - now my guitar sounds more clear and in same time it rocks. MK2 pickups is more muddy, but it not means that they are bad, they just have more low middle frequencies and are not so clear. I like more low midds, and I will think what I must do - leave Seth Lovers, put MK2 back or look for Gibson classic 57 pickups. They are my favorite excluding some boutique pups.
Regarding Antiquities - they sounds more clear than Seth Lovers. I have those in my Gession Les Paul japanese clone made in 1972-75... They really sounds more vintage, and I believe they are very good in ES335 style guitars. I had Edwards E-LP130/RE with Antiquities (sold to my friend) and they are very good in it. Just sound a bit different than we usually expect from contemporary Les Paul. Not so fat....

It's been a while since I've used the Seth Lovers. Been trying many boutique, would be interesting now to hear them against what Ive been playing.

Latest posts

Back