Newbe here

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hendriks

Reaction score
Hi , sinds a month I own 2 Tokai's , a Love Rock LS85(?) Goldtop(2009) and a SG from 1992 , both are in a great condition.
The seller from the SG told me it's a SG80 , but I can't find any information .
I hope you guys can help me out.
pics:
img0880ei.jpg

By hsmidy at 2011-11-14
img0834ta.jpg

By hsmidy at 2011-10-19

Very nice assortment indeed...welcome to the club.

Wow!...that SG is a sexy beast...every guitarist should own one of those. :)

Lesblues said:
hendriks said:
Thanks guys , I'm happy with this stuff , now I 'm looking for a nice ES. Does Tokai make ES135 copy's?

Oh they certainly do. :D

No they don't make an ES135 copy which is a single cutaway (think ES175) thin body with P90's in it:

http://www.yearoftheriver.com/Gear/Instruments/pix/GibsonES135-1.jpg

Tokai's ES135 (or similar) is a 335 copy

marcusnieman said:
Lesblues said:
hendriks said:
Thanks guys , I'm happy with this stuff , now I 'm looking for a nice ES. Does Tokai make ES135 copy's?

Oh they certainly do. :D

No they don't make an ES135 copy which is a single cutaway (think ES175) thin body with P90's in it:

http://www.yearoftheriver.com/Gear/Instruments/pix/GibsonES135-1.jpg

Tokai's ES135 (or similar) is a 335 copy

Whoops! I really need to take more care when reading these posts. :oops:

Well, they make the same/similar guitar (thinner body) but with humbuckers in it...Premium Series FA235 (Gibson ES175).

fa2354.jpg

Diamond said:
Well, they make the same/similar guitar (thinner body) but with humbuckers in it...Premium Series FA235 (Gibson ES175).

While they kind of look the same, they're two totally different animals - for the obvious reasons - pickups and body profile. The ES175 is a big, thick jazz box - and it's fully hollow.

The ES135 is a semi hollow, thin profile similar to a 335 and he P90's give it whole different sound. It's basically the same guitar as the ES125 but with a center block in it.

After acquiring a LS160s a few weeks ago to go with my LC85s I honestly thought I was done and happy until you posted the Junior photo.
And so it starts again ;)

stax said:
After acquiring a LS160s a few weeks ago to go with my LC85s I honestly thought I was done and happy until you posted the Junior photo.
And so it starts again ;)

Sorry :wink: , but there are more to come.

I feel the same - I've never been one for SGs, but I absolutely adore Juniors in TV Yellow - to my mind there is nothing more rock'n'roll than this...Johny Thunders, Mick Jones, etc

never owned one but intend to - next on the shopping list when this recession is over...that'll be another 6 years then...

Latest posts

Back