Which Cat?s Eye model = Martin counterpart ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulrichke

Reaction score
I?m hooked up with the Tokai Stuff after buying an old Hard Puncher, which sounds fantstic. Even for recording it wins shootouts against basses which are much more pricy. Now I?d like to try some old Tokai acoustic guitars.
Is there any catalogoue or list showing which Cat?s Eye model matches it?s Martin counterpart? And what about the old Humming Bird copies? Someone ones one and can report about it in case of sound and further information?

Thanks.
All the best
ulrichke

I would get a CE-800 or above,you get a solid top.
Be awared about recent Hummingbirds,not Japan made.

Thanks for your comment.
So the old Hummingbirds from Tokai weren?t made in Japan?

Which countpart in case of the Martins is the CE-800?
Loved the Martin D35 when I heared and played it, but as you know, far out of my price range. I there a CE matching to it?

best regards
ulrich

I don't know, a high end Cat's Eyes at a decent price is not something I've ever run across! The price for the good models usually seems like too much risk to me.

I just joined the forum

I have a Sigma Martin (Tokai built) S2000 prototype that looks exactly like an old Cat's Eye CE2500.

Likely built around 1980.

Would love to know more if there are any Sigma experts out there.

Not sure how to attach an image if it is not hosted on a web page.

Just figured out how to post pics of the S2000 I mentioned above. I have since sold it.

IMG_0052.jpg

DSCN1892.jpg

DSCN1889.jpg

Latest posts

Back