Talbo A-150

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slimbo

Reaction score
:D Does anyone have one of these? I'm quite interested, although I know very little about them. :wink:

I'd like one basically :wink: However I've no idea what they sound like other than listening to INXS and who knows when it was being used on a track?!

Other than that it's an unusual instrument at a fairly budget price compared to Gibsons etc. I wouldn't pay big bucks for one though.

What do you think of yours then?

I like mine, it has sustain for days due to the aluminum body. Neck is fairly flat and the action is really low.

If you want to check out what they sound like search for the band Glay, the guitarist (Hisashi) plays Talbos exclusively and he is not a official Tokai endorser.

Ned

:wink: Cheers mate that's gr8. Don't suppose you know anyone selling one? I looked on ebay but they wanted silly money ?699 with touched up dinks. As far as I'm aware they go for between ?350 - ?500.

I wouldn't let mine go for less than 800lbs but mine is a prototype. The 150's retail for 150,000 Yen which is 755lbs so your about right. The problem is there are not very many A-150's out there so they tend to be pretty pricy.

I can understand why there are few of them and sought after, thats one big chunk of alley! I'm working on getting one at a better price than retail but I'll keep you posted on that!

There is a fantastic looking red sparkle finish one for sale on ebay at the mo - very glam rock- buy nearly 900 quid! Thats not far off $2000!!! Far too much.

I have the chance to buy a Talbo at a very reasonable price. Does anyone in the UK (preferably near Croydon!!) Own one of these that they would be prepared to let me have a little go on? :wink:

Even at the price it's being offered it's still a lot of dough and I might not like it so....if anyone can help me out?.... :wink: :wink:

I've listened to some japanese music with the Talbo on (thanx Ned :D ) but can you use it for blues as well? It sounds like a shred machine to me!

slimbo said:
I'd like one basically :wink: However I've no idea what they sound like other than listening to INXS and who knows when it was being used on a track?!
Just found an interview with Tim Farriss from INXS about Tokai... :wink:

http://www.inxs.com/index.php?section=features&page=home&id=87

Latest posts

Back