BST-64V???????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antihero

Reaction score
Hi guys,
New to the forum so I say hi to all.
Just picked up this Bacchus and wanted to get your opinions on the exact
model it is.
DSC07499.jpg

DSC07501.jpg

DSC07500.jpg
[/img]
Guitar has pickups and pickguard replaced with Custom Shop 1960 pickups(try getting those in the shops!).
It also had Gotoh HAP tuners fitted(dont know if these are stock or replacements).
Its got a really thick curved veneer board with around an 8 inch radius.
The photos don't do the sunburst justice,it really is an incredible finish ......
The only thing it dosen't have is a steel block........I was to believe all the vintage copies had steel or brass blocks.
Although not much use for dating serial no. is a low 00xxxx.
Me thinks its a BST64V......but the zinc block has me wondering.
Finish is nitro on body and neck.
What say you guys????
Cheers.

Looks like a BST-64V.... I have two of them (see below for mine like yours). The other one of mine is an Olympic White Relic with a mint green pick guard as well. What's the serial number on the neck plate of yours? Shame about the swap of the pickups. The Bacchus pickups are unique to the brand and sound better (IMHO) than any of my Fenders. Your saddles have been swapped for what look like Graphtec or String Savers as well. Steel blocks in both of mine. Your fretboard looks REALLY dry.... rub it down with some lemon oil and then wipe it clean.

006.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

004.jpg

What are the differences between a BST-62V and 64V ?

I have a used Bacchus, it was advertised as a BST-62 but looks very similar to the 2 in the above posts.

The only difference I can see between mine and the ones posted above is the positioning of the scratchplate screws.

The guitar has 3 tone sunburst, slab board, mint green pickguard, steel block. I haven't checked inside yet but the seller claims "Pickup is Original UTA one". They sound great anyway. 6 digit Serial Number starts 127.

6116021563_a9181d49fc.jpg

Back