Tokai Fender copies Japan vs Korea

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhythmcat

Reaction score
Hi, does anybody know the true difference between Japan vs Korean fender Tokai copies?

The quality of the hardware (the Kluson type machines) used on the Japanese are of a higher standard , and duplicate the feeding of the string end into the post. I would like to know if the scarf joint at the 3rd fret that the Gibson Replicas have is also present on the Fender repro's. From what I have seen the differance's are about what you will find between a Japanese made Fender and a Korean Pro Tone series. If you aren't familiar with the Pro Tones you need to check them out, high quality at a very affordable price...Becoming hard to find!

The quality of the hardware (the Kluson type machines) used on the Japanese are of a higher standard , and duplicate the feeding of the string end into the post. I would like to know if the scarf joint at the 3rd fret that the Gibson Replicas have is also present on the Fender repro's. From what I have seen the differance's are about what you will find between a Japanese made Fender and a Korean Pro Tone series. If you aren't familiar with the Pro Tones you need to check them out, high quality at a very affordable price...Becoming hard to find!

On 2002-03-14 15:47, tokaiguy wrote:
I would like to know if the scarf joint at the 3rd fret that the Gibson Replicas have is also present on the Fender repro's.
I have two Korean Tokai's, a J55 acoustic with the scarf joint, and a ATE33(?) Tele copy which does not. BTW the scarf joint on the J55 is at the tuning head at about the
5th and 2nd string tuners, running down to the 6th and 1st string tuners.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beerslinger on 2002-03-14 22:05 ]</font>

Back