Any takes on the Tokai CE158?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joeleer

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am new to this forum, so I'll start with an appropriate hello:)

I've been playing electric guitar for about 13 years now, but recently I've been getting more and more into acoustic guitar, singer/songwriter style.

Currently I own two seventies Yamahas, the FG700s and the perhaps more wellknown FG340. These guitars are ridiciously good concidering what I've paid for them, but now i am dead set on getting a new, no laminate guitar.

I have tried out different brands, and my ideal is in the larrivee/Martin area, namely the HD28. I like the sound of rosewood/spruce, but unfortunately these brands out of my pricerange.

I have not tried the Tokai ce158 yet, but in your opinion, does it hold its own compared to the forementioned brands? I am aware that i it will not sound exactly the same, but does it sound "in that general area"? Are there other alternatives I might concider?

All answers are appreciated!:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClSIEPOB_UU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEz_pGiErFo Check out the Guild GAD series all solid wood guitars.I particularly like The GaD 50 dreadnaught and the Gad 30r orchestra model,they are brilliant ,brilliant guitars at an unbelievable price.Gabe

+1 Remembering Gabes advice I recently got a Guild GAD F40 second hand. It's chinese but absolutely amazing value for money.

Dave

Thank you for your replys!:) I 've added the Guild GAD on the "must try" list.

It seems that there are no reviews from either owners nor magazines etc out on the internet about the Tokai CE 158. Thats a shame really, because it
looks like a mighty fine guitar.

On the other hand i've been recommended Standford guitars, have you guys any take on them?

Here in Denmark a new Martin HD-28 costs 3500 dollars in the stores, and the Standford psd 28 is about 1500 dollars which is my budget.

So if you can name any other model/brand in that pricerange, please let me know, and I'll add them to my "must try" list:)

Stanford are really nice guitars but make sure you get on one made in the Czech republic By Furch .You might also like to try one of the all wood Blueridge guitars made in China very good too ,as are the Epiphone Masterbilts.Look out for a second hand Irish made Avalon ,great guitars, as are guitars made by Alistair Atkin from England.Good hunting :) Gabe.

Back