A Tokai Book

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today as well :D I also ordered the hardback with sleeve and I'm very pleased. The overall quality of the book from blurb is excellent and the content and pictures great.

Good job Iain!

PS It might be worth someone sending the link to tokai. They might have a use for a few copies!

Dave

Got mine today. Absolutely fantastic quality and content. To anyone considering buying a copy - just do it.

Dave

Great stuff, I have spoken to Bob at tokai UK and he is looking at ordering but typical of Blurb here is their new offer: (good if you were thinking of ordering a few more!)

By the way, if you'd like more of your existing books with white end sheets, they'll be available to order until April 11, 2011. But, order two books or more by April 4, 2011 and we'll give you 20% off your product total*. Just type in the appropriate code at checkout:

USD $ coupon: BLURBQUALITY
GBP ? coupon: BLURBQUALITY1
EUR ? coupon: BLURBQUALITY2
CAD $ coupon: BLURBQUALITY3
AUD $ coupon: BLURBQUALITY4
Still have questions? Find more information on our end sheet upgrade in this blog post.

Happy bookmaking,

The Blurberati

* Offer valid through April 4, 2011 (11:59 p.m. local time). A 20% discount is applied toward one order of two books or more. Maximum discount is USD $200.00, GBP ?125.00, EUR ?160,00, CAD $210.00, or AUD $230.00 off product totals. This offer is good for one-time use, and cannot be combined with other promotional codes, gift cards, or used for adjustments on previous orders.

Got my copy today 8) great job iain, ref the divorce remind mrs black that your daughter has a musical ear that can only improve + she gets time out when dad takes her to guitar shows :)

Iain,

My books arrived today. What a superb job! The Blurb production and quality are excellent but your layout and editing have made the book what it is. Many, many congratulations and thanks for the hard work in bringing this together.

Andrew

Just an after-thought - and apologies if it is there and I missed it - but would Ned consider placing the link on the TokaiRegistry page which lists reviews, ads and other sources of information?

I guess that might be one of the first places newcomers might look for information and it will be more prominent than this thread after a few weeks (when the excitment has died down a little :D )

received books today, really a fantastic job! I'm very proud I'm inside with my very first Tokai guitar ;)

Thanks guys, it would not have been such a success without Andrews text and everyones excellent photos. I just had the idea and enthusiasm to see it through (most of the time!) with everyones encouragement. So thanks to all the contributors.

I may have an option for Vol.2 (without invoking a divorce!) so stay tuned. Anyone have the motivation to do a Love Rock or Breezy version? I have the book template that I can send to anyone on disc or you can try the new upload software which I used for a book of my daughters first 30 months. Much easier that the one I used for this book. The new versions of both types of software include a double page spread option which might be fun to try.

Just got the softback version this morning for the ebay auction and I must say I am impressed with the quality and feel. Would not look out of place on the coffee table!

Hi iain,I just recieved my copy of the book,hardback with sleeve,all i can say is WOW :eek: ,it is a fantastic book and is very high quality product(thick paper,razor sharp text ,great pictures)
I have to say THANK YOU IAIN !! for all the hard work ,effort and determination to get this book published....Well done !

I really would like to see a reborn,reborn old ,love rock edition...nudge ,nudge wink,wink..do not tell the wifey!!!!! :lol:

All i can say is !All the tokai strats in this book are utterly the most comprehensive group of tokai strats i have seen...

Every member of the forum should have/buy a copy ...

MOJO HOBO

Thank you for your kind words. I am contemplating a volume 2 for Strats but I do not have the passion, knowledge or patience to do one on Love Rocks. as I say above an enthusiast could take my template and then just upload the photos that members send them. It's not as difficult as it looks.

It would be nice to follow that up with Breezy or one featuring the other Gibson models?

Any takers? I will coach / mentor.

Iain

thanks for your comments, glad you like it.

The ebay auction still stands at ?31 with 2 days and 1 hour left. 11 watchers so hopefully there will be a bidding frenzy at the end. i am hoping to get an intial donation of ?50 from that and the 29 book sales so far and post the Red Cross receipt on here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200592721067&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Update: The charity auction ended with forum member prudd bidding ?32 - thank you Paul for your generousity. With the 29 books sold so far that is another ?14. I will wait for the final sale to process and make the donation this weekend.

Well done Iain, the book is fantastic, you should be very proud of your achievement. Looking forward to Vol:2 :)
regards, Paul

Latest posts

Back