A Tokai Book

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just waiting for access to japanaxe and am registering for the gear page now thanks. Also gone on Strat-talk.

Iain

Any ideas on advertising the book on Japanese forums? So far over 180 people have viewed the preview and 21 books ordered. Just want to share this with everyone.

I guess when people start getting their copies and sharing them around there may be a surge of orders then?

I'm begining to like this author lark - I'll set up a signing stall at the next convention!!! :lol:

Iain,

An idea may be to contact the UK guitar mags with a link and text. Guitarist, Guitar etc. I read Guitar and one of the regular features is the 'Private Collection' feature. I would imagine they are all more than willing to give a paragraph or so to a venture such as this.

Great news on the sales after only a few days. We'll all have to form an orderly queue for autographs at the next convention!

Dave

Guitarist mag dont take submissions but they had a forum. We will see how meny extra people check it out - 45 today so far.

Folks, we are now best sellers! The book is on the page of top sellers on the Blurb website. With 21 copies to date and another 90 viewers this week. Hopefully this will increase the profile of the book. Just need a few more sales to release the charity profit as they only pay after ?12 profit is reached.

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/popular

as I said before, I'll be signing copies at the next convention :D

Looks like I will have to consider Vol.2 now!

Dont forget the deadline for the discount code is 11:59pm Pacific daytime on the 31st march which, if my timezone calculations are correct is 6:59 am on friday 1st April for us UK residents, later for anyone east of us. This saves you up to ?5 in postage.

Dont forget your birthday and Xmas presents!!! :lol:

Just to keep you updated on metrics for the number of visitors. The first week is from Friday to sunday so we are doing well for Monday to Wednesday so far. The Sales metric only counts orders that have been processed so I can see the 22 ordered on my sales page as they are progressed.

Tokaibookmetrics.jpg

I had a brianwave last night. To increase charity donation and publicity I have listed a softback version of the book on Ebay. This will help promote it:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200592721067

Nice idea Iain, I've started the ball rolling plus ordered a hard back from blurb. Very well done in producing the book.

Update: my book has shipped!! UPS tracking link is up and once it reaches their depot they will set a delivery date and then the tracking begins Holland, to Paris, to Stanstead to Liverpool then to my office!!

This is the best bit, tracking and waiting for delivery!

Iain,received mine today and congratulations on a job well done :D
I ordered the hardback w/sleeve and are very pleased,but thinking I would like to see the shrink wrap version.Only because if the sleeve is ever damaged the book cover itself is all black without any markings....May just order another :wink:

The contributing members provided some excellent quality photo's of some very sweet guitars...Great job guys!

Thanks again Iain for all your hard work

Bob

My pleasure and absolutely delighted you are happy with it. Get you order in before 11:59pm PDT for free postage Bob.

Iain

Iain,

I think you need to listen to that heartfelt complaint from your wife. Why not buy her a Goldstar as way of saying sorry :-?

Back