Show me your pedal boards!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my latest...

dsc00179.jpg

I've gone pedal mental again! This time I obsessed about the tunes we have where I need a univibe and reverb one minute, and a dry but distorted sound the next. Or chorus and clean to crunch and delay and back again. Too much turning off of stuff and turning other things on in very little time, so I decided to justify to myself a Carl Martin Octaswitch. It's an eight input, eight channel pedal loop system.

So the pedals are all on and all feed into the Octaswitch. Then each of the eight channels has an eight-switch dipswitch, so you can tell it which effects you want on when you hit that switch. It's not an on/off system, as one channel is always on, so I have one set to clean.

So far it's been great - and (for once) just what I needed. The only problems (apart from actually fitting it in place is that I need twice as many patch cables! (The board is shown with the top deck removed while I was sorting out all the power and patch leads... Patch leads will be upgraded when I get time and money too)

Here's how I have it set:
1: Clean (or with long delay, which I'll manually switch in)
2. BOSS AC2 Acoustic Simulator + (extra) Reverb
3. AC2 with Modulation (I have all three modulation pedals on one patch as it's rare that I'll want them all on at once - so there's a choice of TC Vibrato, EHX Electric Mistress (set for Flange) and the Love Pedal Pickle Vibe.
4. Clean with Modulation
5. Crunch
6. Proctavia octaver
7. Rock! HBE Power Screamer + extra reverb
8. Guitar Hero - HBE + Reverb + Analogue Delay

Phew!
And now I reckon I want a TC Electronic G System!

I also am going to build a second pedalboard, with all my spare pedals, to be my blues board. Just an overdrive, delay, boost and reverb perhaps.

I see a lot of nice pedals here!

I've had 160ish pedals until last year when I decided to get a custom multipedal made by JAMpedals of Greece. And I still love it!

DSC_0294.jpg

Needs just 1 9V adapter and weighs 2 kg :D

Yeah I think I posted it before somewhere..

Features from left to right:
bottom: A/B in, Boss TU-3 tuner, JAM DynaSsor compressor, JAM TubeDreamer72 transparant overdrive, JAM Tubedreamer58 tubescreamer, high gain switch for tubescreamer
top: JAM WaterFall chorus/vibrato, JAM Retro-Vibe univibe, JAM Rattler rat distorsion, JAM DelayLlama, delay, Wampler Faux reverb, A/B out

This is not the internal order of pedals btw.
There's a switch to get the tuner out of the circuit and a send-return placed after the distorsion to add some more pedals when needed.
All JAM pedals are true bypass and analog, love 'em!!

Latest posts

Back