A Tokai Book

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iain, you could try and contact Rupert, (the_man) as he's had and still got quite a few over the years. His stripy chair would bring a smile to quite a few of the longer term members.

There are a few in his photobucket, e.g.

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s253/rgrafend/1980%20ST100/

Dave

I seem to be very late to the party here.
I've got a 1980 ST-80 2T sunburst with original case, maple board if you need another one. No pictures handy but that is easy to remedy.

hi
i allso got a very early st 50 with the long neck plate and black bottoms pickups
serie number in the neck pocket ,,, 8000323 ,,, so number 323 made in 1978 ,,,,, and i have been told they made them in 1977 ... but never seen one ,,, :D
this one with the long neckplate and black bottoms pickups are very rare
the body contures are not like my st 42 from 1978 with the normal neckplate ,,,,,,
on the early one the head of the neck are much rounder than on
the late 78 model and the body contures are rounder too
the wood for the truss rod on the back of the neck are wider than on the later one ...
sadly someone have made some routing to make room for a deeper pickup ... :( :( not for a humbucker :D but still sad

i think it is very special and deserve to get inn the book
:D :D
i would like to order 3 book :D
all the best
otto

Otto send me the photos on the email I gave you. What colour is it and is it rosewood or maple neck?

Guys, i have been trying to search the registry for the guitars we are missing but I cant seem to find the photos that used to be on there. Any ideas? Even the members profiles dont have our guitars listed on them.

Only page I know with easy to find pictures is this one.

http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-pictures.html

A few of the registry entries contain pictures but a lot of the links don't work and there's no way to tell without looking at the details on each entry.

This guy, caberet kid, had a lot of good pic's if he's still around might be worth a shot.

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=12647&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Dave

Thanks Dave, I've dropped him a pm so hope he will get back to me. His photos seem to have disappeared so perhaps he has sold them? We will see,

Iain

hi ?
it is a 3 tsb and it has a maple neck ,,,, with a body made from ash
all the best
otto

So far 2 replacements received - 9 to go and a few promised to arrive. if you are in the UK and have not already told me how many copies you want to order then please let me know by pm with your name and address included. All non UK orders will be by direct orders from the blurb.com website. i will post the link once we have published.

Iain

I have just been trawling through some original contacts and I think I have unearthed another 4 really nice strats and some of them from our european brothers which is nice to have a mix of contributors. more news once processed.

Latest update: things are accelerating towards the finish line now. Lots of guitars coming out of the woodwork (if you will excuse the pun). a few more Silver Stars that gives a better hint at the style I have done a summary chart and we have nearly got a rosewood and maple for every colour we have. a good range from ST 100 to 40 with almost half Springys.

No ST 70s though and probably not get a metallic gold with rosewood neck to balance the maple block logo one.

I am thinking of adding location beside the owner - does anyone have any objections to that?

Thanks for the response in filling the gaps - it will definitely be worth waiting for and we have at least 15 UK orders already so we will get our 10% discount for bulk!

Iain

Hi Iain,

I have no objection to adding the location but I don't really see the value either. I'll go with the flow but personal choice would be to omit it.

Andrew

Just a thought to reflect the international nature of our contributors.

Also meant to mention that we also have one lefty in the collection!!!

Let's see what others think. I don't really mind. If it says, UK, Germany etc that would certainly be more intersting than just "Basingstoke, Liverpool etc" :D

what's wrong with Liverpool! :lol:

There will be a couple of Slovenias on there though!! World Cup pedigree there!

Hello again. Things have really progressed faster than I could have wished for. I am now only waiting for a few extra photos and 1 full page set for the 35 guitars in the 80 page book. I wrote to Blurb.com to sort out a bulk shipping and postage deal but these can only be applied to bulk orders to one address.

There is however a coupon valid for free economy / ground shipping for up to 3 books ordered before the end of March - see details below. economy and ground is only available in certain regions and even then may not be traceable (US ground is). Here is the link to postage costs to check and look at the cost of traceable to decide if you are going to go for the free shipping offer. The alternative is flat rate shipping (traceable) for 3 books for ?3.99. http://www.blurb.com/create/book/shipping

What I plan to do is publish the book on 25th March so that everyone has a week to take advantage of the free ground / economy if they wish when they order directly from the Blurb website. I had planned to do a bulk order for UK books to gain the 10% discount (i.e. for orders of 10 or more books) and send these out to individuals as signed for (recorded delivery) by Royal Mail but this will not improve the cost per book. The book will cost ?26.39 plus postage.

Before I publish I will also display the page text for each guitar to check people are happy and I have not made any mistakes.

Order your book now, and we'll pitch in with free Ground/Economy shipping*. Enter the appropriate promo code at checkout, and you're all set:

USD $ coupon code: GROUND
GBP ? coupon code: GROUND1
EUR ? coupon code: GROUND2
CAD $ coupon code: GROUND3
AUD $ coupon code: GROUND4

* Offer valid through March 31, 2011 (11:59 p.m. PDT). Offer covers Ground/Economy shipping costs up to USD $10, GPB ?5, EUR ?7, CAN $10, or AUD $10 for up to three books in one order, shipped to one address. This offer is good for one-time use and cannot be combined with other promotional codes or used for adjustments on previous orders.

Just for info in preparation for self ordering. the book is an 8 x 10 landscape format and the price I quote above is hardback, premium paper, lustre finish, hard cover dust jacket. I think you can order normal paper but the premium paper is worth it for overall feel and finish.

I dont think you can order image wrap cover as you lose the jacket flaps with comments etc

Latest posts

Back