Please help me with my japanese guitar brands!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaliko64

Reaction score
hey guys i just got into the world of made in japan lawsuit guitars and i wanted to learn more about which brands stand out the most i recently lost a bid in ebay for a pearl les paul copy that i had my heart set on. so now im determined to get my hands on one. i now know of greco, burny, tiesco, pearl, and of course tokai. what i was looking for is a really good, heavy, set neck sunburst les paul copy. i want to know more brands so i can look em up on ebay or something else, thanks guys any bit will help.

kaliko64 said:
hey guys i just got into the world of made in japan lawsuit guitars and i wanted to learn more about which brands stand out the most i recently lost a bid in ebay for a pearl les paul copy that i had my heart set on. so now im determined to get my hands on one. i now know of greco, burny, tiesco, pearl, and of course tokai. what i was looking for is a really good, heavy, set neck sunburst les paul copy. i want to know more brands so i can look em up on ebay or something else, thanks guys any bit will help.

Quick guide to early '80's Japanese Les Pauls

Tokai - All great guitars bottom of the range LS50 to top of the range LS200

Greco - beware pre 1980 guitars, post 1980 range from OK to excellent depending on model

Burny - as Greco

Navigator - all top quality

Orville/Orville by Gibson - very good to great depending on model

Tiesco, Pearl - take your chances, a lot of not so great guitars out there

Use the search function there's a load of info on the forum, but it will take a long time to get through it all. Good luck :wink:

marcusnieman said:
Don't forget Edwards, Bacchus, Grandy, Fresher,

Edwards & Bacchus both make excellent guitars, but are newer brands than those mentioned above

Grandy - Tokai made
Fresher - don't have any idea about :D

Back