Pearl Les Paul guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
metalheadUK said:
Thats a beauty!

I've got a Pearl LP custom copy that my sister gave me when she found it in the loft of her new house.

She died shortly after, so it's a very special guitar to me.

It had a few minor bits missing, but I had these in my parts box.

I'm amazed at how sweet a guitar it is, though it doesn't look in as nice condition as the one in the pics above, it's got bumps and bruises and finish cracks, but it's a beautiful guitar.

I have been told that it's possible Ibanez or Tokai made, but it's so difficult to find out any info.

Hers some pics of my one, I need to take some better ones.

pearl4.jpg

pearl1.jpg

Pearlback1.jpg

pearl3.jpg

pearl2-1.jpg

I was wondering does your guitar maybe have a serial number?

Hi Guys.....

My name is Jim and I am new here...PICO thought you might like to see my Pearl....

pearl1.jpg

Clearly this is the same model as metalheadUK's one...

pearl2.jpg

pearl3.jpg

Fixed neck....solid mahogany...bloody heavy and GORGEOUS to play!

I have the original case also....

She is one of my guitars...and one that I would not part with until the wolf was ripping my ankle off!

Anyone any idea what these things are worth?

Thanks for the history links...quite a lot of reading for me there and thanks to PICO for referring me to this forum! Seems you guys know your stuff!

Cheers

Jimi

Helo Jimi :lol:
Nice to see you here m8!
I havent forgot you :lol:
Motovun :)
Ok guys I pulled appart my guitar a bit, and here are some pictures

It says TBK A500K OHMS on potentiometers.

First sign inside the neck pickup cavity :)
Dont have a clue what it means.

Oh by the way, when I removed the pickups...the stink....my God!...It stinks like dead rats in there....must be due the humidity or something...but smells like dog piss in there :evil:

Hi this is my first post here :D

I thought you might be interested in my Pearl Les Paul. It's a Custom Goldtop MIJ. It's not the most beautiful guitar in the world but I really like it! It sounds good and plays fantastic! I wish the neck would be fixed though...

I think everything is original except for the tuners and the Tune-O-Matic bridge, but I'm thinking of changing to SD-pickups...

My friend who sold it to me told me that is was built somewhere around 1969-1971. Somehow that could be seen on the pickups, don't ask me how :roll:

Anyway, a great workhorse who kicks any China-Epiphone's *** anytime!
/Carl

P21505882.jpg

P2150596.jpg

P2150616.jpg

P2150611.jpg

P2150587.jpg

metalheadUK said:
Pico said:
I was wondering does your guitar maybe have a serial number?

No, I've just had a look at it, and theres no number anywhere.

MetalheadUK, did you maybe removed the pickguard or you got guitar this way.
Im asking couse I just bought me a PEARL :p and would like to put a pickguard on it. Will put few pictures later!

p.s. tried few ephiphone, gibson from ebay but they dont fit.

hey guys i just lost a bid on ebay, for a sunburst pearl les paul custom, i lost the bid by 3 effing dollars!!!! crap, oh well, but i was wondering if anyone was willing to sell a sunburst (not a cherryburst) pearl or greco les paul. the winning bid was 158.00 usd, so in that price range would be awesome! thanks guys

Here are some shots of my gita.
I removed the pickups rings since they where broken. YOu can see the inside cavity, cano uy tell me what kind of neck this is? I can see some ingravings on the pickups, probably the orientation "front" and "rear". This one has a serial number on the head.
Guys what do you think...

Latest posts

Back